Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 7:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking of pursuing a career in martial arts.
RE: I'm thinking of pursuing a career in martial arts.
Martial arts instruction is a very fickle field, going up and down in response to movie and UFC trends. Income potential fluctuates wildly, but in general you want to be in an uncrowded market that has a strong demographic of teens and twenty-something males.

Not sure what the International Judo Federation requires for teacher certification - what dan level, whether you would have to teach under the authorization of a senior judoka, etc. See if you can run a class out of a community centre or school gymnasium a couple times a week, but bear in mind that you'll need lots of mats and a place to store them. Probably not worthwhile if you need to rent a storefront, as that'll chew up a huge amount of money every month.

(Many years ago I helped an ex-partner run a martial arts school. Lost more than we earned. -∞/10, wish I had a time machine to go back and drag myself away from the whole barmy scheme.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm thinking of pursuing a career in martial arts. - by Astreja - October 24, 2022 at 1:24 am