Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 11:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress.
(July 14, 2023 at 5:06 pm)Loaded dice Wrote:
(July 14, 2023 at 4:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How are sequences, decisions, and mental states NOT physics?

Because we can conceive of disembodied minds making decisions. Again, your lack of imagination won't help you score any points in an argument.

(July 14, 2023 at 4:56 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There’s actually a sizable chunk of philosophy that makes a good case for theism being incoherent. Look stuff up, whydoancha?

I was reading this stuff for over a decade. Now go ahead and bring it on, give us the best piece of philosophy you read about theism being incoherent.

But can you demonstrate that disembodied minds exist? I’ll save you the trouble: you can’t. In fact, the concept of a disembodied mind is…wait for it…incoherent.

Here is the best - absolute BEST - argument for theism being incoherent: the phrase ‘God exists’.

You’re welcome.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - July 14, 2023 at 6:16 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 7596 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  An infinite progress FortyTwo 185 15623 September 13, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Anthropic Principle vs Goddidit Coffee Jesus 39 5651 April 24, 2014 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Ryantology
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3092 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil