Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 1:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
Hey all,

I maintain my status as king of destroying coherent discussion. I feel a little bad that I add to other peoples threads now and get in flame-guments... For that I apologize.

Hey Padraic, thank you for replying. I have too smile, I really don't mean offense, and take none. The similarities we may have is a certain attitude towards the world (may be a cynicism) for better or worse, and I can only appreciate it when I think I recognize it in your posts. I am sure we have many differences too.

I can tell myself I have been officially told off. Please, you needn't post gosh dern wiki articles for concepts covered in grade school psych. Logical fallacy may even fall under (what we wish would be) common knowledge. I understand it, thank you. I didn't say my argument was a touque argument, I said it may be, but I thought it still valid (and so not a fallacy). What reasoning was I lacking in saying I thought it was unnecessary at best to patronize someone for (possibly unintentionally) patronizing you. You have to make a better declaration of the fault of the "logic" of my opinion than you did, for me to spend time refuting it. The ball, in my game, was very much still in your court on that one.

I would carry on, about how if my point is "true - but irrelevant", why does that make it a fallacious argument? The irrelevancy? I assure you it is on your side of the ocean. For me it had to be relevant, or I wouldn't have said it. In fact, I wasn't stating a fact, only my opinion on how you expressed yourself, so that is farther from the line of fallacy/well supported truth any ways... But I respect that you have no more wish to discuss this. It is for the best, because this isn't very constructive. Thank you for sharing. I will do my best not to sound ignorant and dippy, but make no promises. Thank you, until we speak again.

And Dotard,
Quote:Every theist is a different kind of theist. You are not a very different kind.
Every atheist is a different kind as well. I think I and frodo and now arcanus (am I missing anyone) could be considered 'very' different. I am assured we could find plenty of things to disagree about. If I didn't think we were 'very' different I would not have written such. If you disagree, congratulations.

Quote:To claim you possess this truth then rudely refuse to share it is beyond idiotic.
I did not make such claim, this is Arcanus' thread. I in fact never made such claim. From the beginning I said the 'evidence' and 'truth' is relative and interpretive. I would gladly share the things I hold to be true, but it would be silly. I don't rudely refuse to share it. If you wanted to see my version of the truth, I would happily share. I am sure you do not though. I get called an idiot a lot these days. I would hope that it is clear I am eccentric and cynical, but at the very least marginally intelligent. Or wait, is the test that I am more "intelligent" the more I agree with everything you say? Is disagreeing stupidity these days?

Quote:If not evidence then what other things? There is no other things.
I have to point out that it would be 'there "are" no other things', since "things" is plural. I do it to pick at what Arcanus said earlier, and because you called me idiotic. There is plenty to talk about! I love trees very much, and am happy to see them awake and enjoying summer. How about you? I have seen a lot of New England, any one else? Even debate, What do you think of Jackson's crazy funeral party? I'm sure we can find something in there to argue, just for fun. After I found god, I stopped worrying too much about the process of self-destructive self-examination.

Thank you for sharing. As you can see, I politely decline the offer the 'stfu'. I already have engagements on this day. Ask me again later?

The point is to find places you are in agreement, because personal arguments are a waste of valuable time.
I hope you all have a lovely Saturday, the day of the planet of the rings!

The,
-Pip

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by Pippy - July 4, 2009 at 8:27 am