Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 5:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
RE: Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam?
(March 2, 2024 at 8:36 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Islam Lite?

(March 3, 2024 at 11:41 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: @Leonardo17

Quote:Political Islamists + authoritarian regimes love displaying new weapons. In Freudian terms this is like their “penis” issues. 

Simply because a regime puts on military displays doesn’t make it authoritarian.

Informed people don’t take Freud seriously.

Boru

Sorry, I wanted to say that this Kaan Airplane was a result of continued investments into modern aviation technologies since the Year 1925. And this locally produced fighter jet has been the holy grail of our aviation industries for decades. So this is like a dream coming true.
(I don’t know why I said “Avionics” – But it’s true that we are not so bad in that either)

So here is a picture of the founder of our republic with our actual first locally built airplane (a glider airplane) dated to 1933. (I could go on and on with the distortions of political islamist propaganda). One of is devices was: "The future is in the skies"

[Image: 53676.jpg]

On Freudian issues:

As far as I know of, most democracies are not that interested in things like military parades etc. If I am correct it was Mr. Donald Trump who wanted to introduce them in America during his mandate. The French do it in the 14th of July. We used to do it on special days (like October 29th – The anniversary of the declaration of the Republic). But in these events the goal is not really to intimidate anyone or try to scare neighboring countries. It’s just a part of the show.

Anyway: My argument is that authoritarian / populist elements in any geography and in any form, like to intimidate people with their weapon. And they also like to take the things that were done thanks to decades of works before them and say: “See what I did? See what I did?”

And this takes us to the title of this thread: President Erdogan is claiming to be a “moderate” political Islamist or more of a typical / classical conservative-democratic ruler. To this I will answer that people are going to the polls in places like Syria and Russia too.

So I’m defining a pattern. A typical democratic ruler may not always show up with things like “look I built an airplane”, “Hey look, I sent a man to space”. Usually they are less visible but informed people in the country know in their hearts that this man (or woman) did produce a great deal of efforts for his/her citizens.

Here is a quote from the Dao de Ching:

“The best rulers are scarcely known by their subjects;
The next best are loved and praised;
The next are feared;
The next despised:
They have no faith in their people,
And their people become unfaithful to them.

When the best rulers achieve their purpose
Their subjects claim the achievement as their own.”

So I don’t know if you are getting my sense of humor in the video but what I am trying to say is that (and that works for many of us) Him and all other populist / nationalistic / political İslamist are usually in the fourth category. Smile Smile

And I am saying this as a rather patriotic non-atheistic person Smile
[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam? - by Leonardo17 - March 3, 2024 at 2:38 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8005 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell Rolandson 7 2505 January 22, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Dear Moderate Muslims YahwehIsTheWay 48 6488 June 14, 2016 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  The 'moderate' side of Islam mralstoner 23 4215 December 11, 2015 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5585 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  The Myth of the Moderate Muslim? JesusHChrist 15 4434 January 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  There are many homosexuals in Islam communities Vegamo 42 9410 December 6, 2013 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 34125 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Moderate Islam? DeistPaladin 18 6756 October 28, 2010 at 7:16 am
Last Post: annatar