Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 12:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm an Atheist with mostly Christian Friends
RE: I'm an Atheist with mostly Christian Friends
(July 10, 2024 at 11:15 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hiyas and welcome. You should not be afraid to live openly as yourself; you should not have to camouflage your true identity.

I get your point but it's not important to me.   When I'm with them and they choose to pray before a meal or pray for a person who is sick I participate out of respect.  There's noting I can do or say to change their beliefs nor do I want to.  So, I put my head down and wait for them to finish their prayers and life goes on.  No harm is being done to me or my ego.  In my mind it's no different than when I play with my 4 year old niece and her imaginary friends.  I'm not camouflaging my identity because it's more important to me to show respect to others unless it's doing harm to myself or someone else.  My identity is that of someone who doesn't do or say things to unnecessarily hurt or discredit others and being an Athiest simply means that I don't believe in God.  I'm not sure what I expected from posting this but thank you for your feedback and for the welcome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm an Atheist with mostly Christian Friends - by Outstanding! - July 10, 2024 at 11:43 am