Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 8:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The World's Transition to Renewable Energies
RE: The World's Transition to Renewable Energies
(July 23, 2024 at 10:47 am)Leonardo17 Wrote:
(July 14, 2024 at 4:53 pm)A. Secular Human Wrote: Sahara?  Water?

Yes that’s how they do it in Morocco to produce electricity. If you want green hydrogen it’s only a matter of logistics to bring some pure water to separate into liquid hydrogen and Oxygen.

A. Secular Human

Modern Atheism
Air is 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen. I don't see us being able to extract a lot of carbon from it

There are already constructions made exclusively to remove CO2 from the atmosphere.

https://www.science.org/content/article/switzerland-giant-new-machine-sucking-carbon-directly-air

These technologies are very small scale. Carbon capture works in other places like cement factories and/or coal plants that have not been closed yet. We need hundreds of thousands of such carbon capture plants to obtain any significant change.

One thing we can do is capture carbon from sea water. Or use some chemicals that will cause the carbon in the ocean to sink to the bottom of the sea thus allowing oceans to capture more carbon without more sea acidification.

One think I have heard is that there not just one solution to climate change. It’s a combination of many different solution. I we implement them (although it’s not the most comfortable thing to do), we survive. Smile

I'm guessing you didn't bother to read the linked story.

It's being done on an industrial scale.
Disappointing theists since 1968!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The World's Transition to Renewable Energies - by A. Secular Human - July 23, 2024 at 5:42 pm