Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 25, 2024, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mormonism Is The Correct Answer!
Mormonism Is The Correct Answer!
I assume most of us have seen the South Park episode where all the religious folk of the town end up in hell and wonder why, only to be told that Mormon is the "correct answer"

However, other than the occasional knock on the door, they don't seem to get much time in the spotlight when compared to other religions, except for the usual newsworthy crimes and lunacy that define most of them.

Lately, though, beyond the insanity there has been some focus on Mormons as a topic of discussion. For example, there is an upcoming horror movie called Heretic where they knock on the door and end up being tortured in the basement by a psychopath (a former member, perhaps?) who gives them a VERY interesting religious choice to make, which alone would make for an interesting thread here once the movie has come out. I've only seen the trailer so far, but it looks interesting.

Then there is the new chain of soda cafes specific to Mormons, who are not allowed to drink coffee, tea or alcohol (another stupid religious rule for the masses to follow). So, in a few years you'll see a lot more diabetic Mormons with amputated legs in Utah. Hope they have good insurance!

Years ago my cousin almost converted until they informed him he couldn't see his own children unless they converted too!

I only have one personal encounter worth mentioning. I used to invite them in my house just to mess with them and over the course of a few weeks I learned their particular method of indoctrination and started presenting my own specific points AGAINST Mormonism (not religion in general, but just theirs) until they stopped coming back. Months later they were in another town and ended up at my aunt's door and she invited them in to be friendly. According to my aunt, in the living room they noticed my graduation photo hanging on the wall and one pointed at it and said "That man was the closest I've ever come to questioning my faith!". That moment is a particular source of pride to me in all my years of dealing with religious nutters.

So, do you feel it's now time for Mormons to finally get their due? And by "due" I mean more mainstream ridicule and less hiding in the shadows until the next news story comes up....
It will all be over soon...

Messages In This Thread
Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by Asmodeus - October 21, 2024 at 11:42 am
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by brewer - October 21, 2024 at 1:26 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by Thumpalumpacus - October 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by Asmodeus - October 21, 2024 at 1:39 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by brewer - October 21, 2024 at 1:43 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by Silver - October 21, 2024 at 1:30 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by The Grand Nudger - October 21, 2024 at 1:46 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by Asmodeus - October 21, 2024 at 7:16 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by zebo-the-fat - October 21, 2024 at 2:35 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by The Grand Nudger - October 21, 2024 at 5:40 pm
RE: Mormonism Is The Correct Answer! - by The Grand Nudger - October 21, 2024 at 7:27 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future of Mormonism British_Atheist 19 4362 September 7, 2011 at 1:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger