(January 22, 2026 at 1:01 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: I tried watching Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, and it was like watching cut scenes from a lame video game.
It's a caricature of a TV show. Everything is overhyped: the overacting; the story is over dramatic and makes no sense; the dialogues are as if every actor is in a movie of their own; the setting of every scene is overemphasized—like Holly Hunter goes to meet some convict in what I guess is a bar, and it's all full of shadows (because he's shadowy) while the camera is going up and down his ripped badass body, while in the previous scene she ate two ice creams in a sunny park with playful kids.
And then Holly Hunter. She's way, way too old for the part. She's playing a sexy woman although she's 67 and can barely open her eyes or her mouth, so she mumbles. It's like she'll fall apart at any moment, but they Scotch-taped her together so that she doesn't.
But did you like it?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax


