France is not willing to make any move if there is no peace treaty first. But the UK is making moves to reopen the straits to trading ships and is openly calling the IRI for its illegal actions in the straits:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/uk-g...04455.html
Everyone seems to be very pessimistic about the current situation but there are several points that I would like to discuss:
1) It’s too late to go back to before the 26th of February. If the US withdraws now it leaves it regional allies to the mercy of an even more radicalized Iran who now believe they can tax and control the flow of ships in the straits of Hormuz. So I think we are in a “You have to believe in it” phase of this conflict.
2) It seems like D. Trump does not have a plan (or he is simply not disclosing it). But Israel is being very clear about its objectives. Israel has a limited population and it cannot maintain military presence in 5 different fronts forever. They need to go for the head of the octopus and that is the regime of the Ayatollahs. The IRI is an existential threat to the state of Israel, full stop.
3) Everything is unfolding exactly as G.W. Bush’s campaign in Iraq. First they destroy everything through airpower. Then they deploy ground troops who will face limited resistance only. And I doubt that there will be even that much resistance in Iran because ordinary Iranians all hate this regime.
/ But I still believe that civilian targets must be spared and the whole country must not be bombed back to the Stone Age.
In the Iraq war G.W. Bush had also said that “things would look better once everything is over”. I think the same works here.
I think that what’s happening here is what President Dwight Eisenhower described as “The American mind at its best is both Republican and Democrat”.
So D. Trump is definitely not the best guy for this or any other issue. But he is being a doer. I’m not trying to contradict anti-war people in this forum. But I see how the whole things unfolds (yes) in the coming months.
Trump could simply strike a deal with the Mullahs as he did with the Taliban in Afghanistan and leave them with the control of the Strait of Hormuz and then pull out of NATO (none of these are things I wouldn’t expect from this guy). But I think this is going to be Iraq 2.0. And this truly happens to be the only sustainable path with a regime that has murdered 9000 (confirmed) death and up to 30,000 estimated deaths in just 2 days in January.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/uk-g...04455.html
Everyone seems to be very pessimistic about the current situation but there are several points that I would like to discuss:
1) It’s too late to go back to before the 26th of February. If the US withdraws now it leaves it regional allies to the mercy of an even more radicalized Iran who now believe they can tax and control the flow of ships in the straits of Hormuz. So I think we are in a “You have to believe in it” phase of this conflict.
2) It seems like D. Trump does not have a plan (or he is simply not disclosing it). But Israel is being very clear about its objectives. Israel has a limited population and it cannot maintain military presence in 5 different fronts forever. They need to go for the head of the octopus and that is the regime of the Ayatollahs. The IRI is an existential threat to the state of Israel, full stop.
3) Everything is unfolding exactly as G.W. Bush’s campaign in Iraq. First they destroy everything through airpower. Then they deploy ground troops who will face limited resistance only. And I doubt that there will be even that much resistance in Iran because ordinary Iranians all hate this regime.
/ But I still believe that civilian targets must be spared and the whole country must not be bombed back to the Stone Age.
In the Iraq war G.W. Bush had also said that “things would look better once everything is over”. I think the same works here.
I think that what’s happening here is what President Dwight Eisenhower described as “The American mind at its best is both Republican and Democrat”.
So D. Trump is definitely not the best guy for this or any other issue. But he is being a doer. I’m not trying to contradict anti-war people in this forum. But I see how the whole things unfolds (yes) in the coming months.
Trump could simply strike a deal with the Mullahs as he did with the Taliban in Afghanistan and leave them with the control of the Strait of Hormuz and then pull out of NATO (none of these are things I wouldn’t expect from this guy). But I think this is going to be Iraq 2.0. And this truly happens to be the only sustainable path with a regime that has murdered 9000 (confirmed) death and up to 30,000 estimated deaths in just 2 days in January.
![[Image: 7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg]](https://i.pinimg.com/originals/71/51/bc/7151bc275de2d3d422106a4008215efe.jpg)


