Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 2:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
(July 12, 2009 at 5:40 am)Pippy Wrote:
Quote:because I am fairly sure the simulations used DID NOT have a programmed end result (it could well have been a test condition but that isn't the same as a programmed end-result)

I can only disagree with this one point. I think the program did have a programmed end result, namely its namesake "Methinks it is like a weasel,". The fact the the program carefully chose the one mutation that was in any way closer to the target phrase, and then started with only that phrase makes it very programmed (compared to the complexity of a more realistic model of the mutation process).

No ... that was a test condition ... it could have as easily been "Jesus Christ Is My Messiah!", he happened to choose that result. Not an end-goal, a test ... the difference is significant.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by Kyuuketsuki - July 12, 2009 at 6:01 am