Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 3:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does atheism guarantee disbelief in anything unproven?
RE: Does atheism guarantee disbelief in anything unproven?
(February 15, 2012 at 8:38 am)leo-rcc Wrote: I've met atheists who are holocaust deniers, 911 truthers, chemtrail believers, and swear by homeopathy. Just because we share the non-belief in gods, that doesn't mean that we are more rational in any other topic.

My favorite example in this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism
This cult is atheistic, and it claims that all life on Earth was created scientifically by aliens called Elohim.

I was acquainted with a guy who unbeknown to me was one of the leaders of the 9/11 truthers in NYC. They kicked him out of their little "club" when they found out he was a Raëlian. Guess he was too crazy for them but the idiot (Judy Wood) that compared the twin towers to the tree the Keebler elves live in was one of their gods, go figure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does atheism guarantee disbelief in anything unproven? - by Phil - February 15, 2012 at 10:32 am