Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The burden of proof relating to conciousness, free choice and rationality
#19
RE: The burden of proof relating to conciousness, free choice and rationality
Challenge accepted and completed, I even went the extra mile for you Marx. I have never, nor do I now believe in anything even remotely approximating free will or free choice. So, that experiment has been run for a few decades in my case. Why was this supposed to be challenging btw? Was something amazing supposed to happen?

Speaking of the body's electromagnetic fields and your "aura" garbage, do compasses spin wildly when you hold them? If not why not?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: The burden of proof relating to conciousness, free choice and rationality - by The Grand Nudger - February 29, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you believe in free will? Disagreeable 37 8874 August 4, 2024 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Disagreeable
  The Cosmological Proof LinuxGal 53 16253 September 24, 2023 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Understanding the rudiment has much to give helps free that mind for further work. highdimensionman 16 4412 May 24, 2022 at 6:31 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 23323 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Criticism of Aquinas' First Way or of the Proof of God from Motion. spirit-salamander 75 21226 May 3, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  A 'proof' of God's existence - free will mrj 54 18092 August 9, 2020 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Sal
  Pro Choice is Slavery? Jade-Green Stone 36 9971 November 15, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Proof that I'm immortal Shantideva 64 15953 September 11, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Argument Against God's Existence From God's Imperfect Choice Edwardo Piet 53 19787 June 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Oh no not another free will thread. Edwardo Piet 309 100331 April 29, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)