Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any secular reason why being gay is bad?
RE: Is there any secular reason why being gay is bad?
Quote:Memhet I created only this thread so you can't blame in on me.
Blame what?
I believe other peoples of this forum have noticed the lot of homosexuality themed threads around the forum, yes?
Quote:Secondly I just want to be normal and treated normally,
Well, maybe you can start by acting normal, if you don't do that already.
But other than that, do not expect me to treat you as a normal person.
Sorry.
Quote: I have very few Gay friends and lot of straight one and I don't scream my sexuality as that not how I was brought up.
Well, you don't, or you can't?
Quote: My sexuality is a tiny part of me, So what If I prefer other guys, I also like playing computer games, cycling in the country, getting drunk with my friends, laying in the sun, marshal arts, e.t.c.
Well, obviously these are things that other homosexuals like to do aswell.
But what is your identity? Do you become suddenly so defensive when someone states that he doesn't like computer games, getting drunk or laying in the sun? Obviously not.
Quote:I don't what to be treated different, I want to blend in, the only difference between us is who is next to me in bed thats it.
If you want to blend in, then I suggest that you do not sprout out as to create political controversies, yes?
Not just talking about you, I'm talking to homosexuals as a whole. But you obviously do vote for politicians on their stance regarding state policies towards the LGBT community, yes?
Then you do rather stand out with your identity. For those who want to blend in generally sacrifice a portion of their identity, always. You cannot blend in without doing that.
How would I blend in with the American public if I came there and dressed in my traditional clothing all the time?
How well would I blend in with the American public if I professed the same pride and nationalism I profess in this forum, amongst many Americans?
I'm standing out here, without really doing anything other than to write down words.

Quote: I always what to be treated like every other average Joe and have the same rights as him.
But you do have the same rights, if you do not profess to your homosexual identity as your prime identity. You can get married with a woman, you can join the military, you can do this and that and everything that normal people are legally capable of.
However, with your homosexual identity, you're barred from entering the military, or marrying, although no one tells you that you can't open a business, start a bank account, get a driver's license or own property, yes?
The state treats you differently, because you treat yourself differently from everyone else.
Quote:You would not know who I slept with unless you saw us together or I told you.
Not that I really do care. And I'm sure that no one else does.
Quote: I am like you, and I want to blend in the best I can but some parts of me will stick out slightly.
I do not want to blend in with the rest, as I do not have to do that. I am the majority. I am a Turk. There is no way for me to stick out, other than politically, perhaps, but in no other way, am I a thorn in anyone's eyes.
Quote:what I find more disturbing is a world were two men holding guns is more acceptable then two men holding hands.
Guns, weapons and arms are necessary when one's life, honour and country is at stake. Besides, our women wield guns as proficient as our men do.
There is a huge difference between two men shaking hands, and two men holding hands.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any secular reason why being gay is bad? - by kılıç_mehmet - May 14, 2012 at 6:00 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paschal's Wager re-formulated mathematically: why being Christian is Rational. Nishant Xavier 59 3772 August 6, 2023 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 4095 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  It's Darwin Day tomorrow - logic and reason demands merriment! Duty 7 790 February 13, 2022 at 10:21 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Purpose? Is there any? Seek3r 10 1285 July 23, 2020 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Maybe there's something like a god out there. Ryantology 38 3145 June 5, 2020 at 8:42 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7548 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  No reason justifies disbelief. Catharsis 468 44767 March 30, 2019 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: fredd bear
  Do u want there to be a God? Any God? Agnostico 304 31180 December 19, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Why are there barely any teens on AF? DodosAreDead 22 3507 July 26, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What is your reason for being an atheist? dimitrios10 43 8908 June 6, 2018 at 10:47 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead