Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fascinating little video.....
RE: Fascinating little video.....
I'm going to watch this video soon and I'll comment on it once I've seen it.

But I already had this discussion with you before, Min. I think that there are much more arguments for Muhammad's existence than otherwise. Again, the existence of Muhammad is not really a controversial issue as there is a wealth of information about his life and his achievements. Most of the major events in his life are well-documented and his existence is hardly even debated unlike the existence of Jesus. Also, there are mentions of him by his friends, family members, caliphs/successors, and even historians. I highly doubt that all these thousands of information could have been fabricated about a single man while not having any reports or writings from that time period that this whole "Muhammad" person was a lie.

There are biographies about him written by historians with great accuracy along with specific dates and events which occurred during his lifetime, such as where he was born, how he died, who were his wife and children, what battles he fought, etc. We also know the exact location of his tomb which is in this mosque (known as the Mosque of the Prophet). Certain things about his life may not be true, yes, but I think that the opinion that he didn't exist at all is simply due to ignoring all the evidence that are against it. Here are some of the books that have many details about his life:

Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources (by Martin Lings)
The Life of Muhammad (by Ibn Ishaq)

To suggest that all of these things are not actually about Muhammad but about some other "mysterious" Muhammad, is not only unsupported, but also very unlikely.

Messages In This Thread
Fascinating little video..... - by Minimalist - May 26, 2012 at 1:08 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by Cyberman - May 26, 2012 at 2:44 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by Rayaan - May 26, 2012 at 3:40 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by Minimalist - May 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by Rayaan - May 26, 2012 at 5:06 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by padraic - May 26, 2012 at 8:03 pm
RE: Fascinating little video..... - by Minimalist - May 26, 2012 at 8:26 pm