Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 12:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Theists, what do you mean when you say 'holy'?
#34
Theists, what do you mean when you say 'holy'?
(May 25, 2012 at 12:40 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(May 24, 2012 at 3:28 pm)Annik Wrote: I know I'm not a theist, but I do have an opinion on things being holy or sacred. Nothing should be. Absolutely nothing. When something because unquestionable, you become manipulable. I'm not saying trust no one or anything like that, but questioning is a good practice. Never stop asking why, ect.

Absolutely nothing, you say?
Nothing?
I don't think that you can really bear the burden of such a statement, so I won't push it any further.

Nothing is(or should be) sacred and beyond questioning. If that were so we would still believe that the sun orbits the earth.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Theists, what do you mean when you say 'holy'? - by Zen Badger - June 2, 2012 at 12:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Kitan Etos 2894 654186 7 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11379 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33046 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32091 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Kitan Etos 184 53397 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  What does "Separation of Church and State" mean? Jackie 54 13470 March 9, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41376 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10901 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 62123 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: awty
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 4050 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)