Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As time goes by
RE: As time goes by
(September 8, 2009 at 4:35 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: You can be as sure as you like but you’d be wrong … atheists don’t "worship" a thing, what's important to us is exactly the same as what’s important to you and others … minus the religion.

So, God is the most important thing to me - the concept guides my entire life. What is the most important thing to you?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:So your god created suffering so that other people could feel good about themselves for being nice ... and you worship a fucking bastard like that?

God, at least, created the potential for suffering, and yes, I worship God. What is the most important thing to you?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Why should one love enemies and strangers? An enemy is someone who means you ill ... that's not to say I don't give strangers the benefit of the doubt but if they're out to hurt mine or mine they'd better be ready for some serious pain because I fight dirty!

A person should love enemies and strangers because they matter - creations of God. This world will never experience peace until people can do just that. People like you will kill each other off.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Retorth is correct ... not only does life NOT require the supernatural to make sense, it is quite evidence that the supernatural (if accepted as an explanation) would utterly screw our ability to explain anything.

How do you explain your own existence in the absence of the supernatural?

(September 7, 2009 at 11:37 pm)ecolox Wrote: Ok, I guess that means as an individual I get to decide what's moral. Based off some story I heard: Is that your stereo over there buddy? I'll be taking that now, whether you want me to or not. See ya later, and don't try to enforce your rules on me as I walk out with the stereo.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:That's a stupid example because, even as a moral relativist, we adhere to laws and local custom (no one says we don't), morality is largely determined by the society in which we live ... besides there's always a fist in the face which would stop your theft PDQ!

(Padraic) A moral relativist said that he does not believe in completely adhering to laws and local customs. If morality is societally determined then the Nazi's were right after all. If you attacked me when I came to pick up my stereo I may just expertly shoot you - in your world.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:SMACK!!!! Eco the idiot drops stereo and runs away bleeding from nose and mouth!

BANG!!!! BANG!!!! Kyu the clown collapses dead, shot from afar by Eco the idiot - who then picks up the stereo and prances on home. Hoo-rah!

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:There is no validatable evidence that your Yahweh exists. And you left the stereo behind when you ran away remember?

Our existence is all the evidence we really need to know that God exists. No, you're dead in this story from multiple, lethal gun shots, and I got my stereo thanks. The Nazis taught me how to shoot and think in this example.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Nothing, see above!

You think that nothing is the most important - but you argue that you live for something.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Eco the dimwit misses the point again ... Padraic clearly said that SOME atheist worship material things but then again SO DO SOME THEISTS ... it's a normal human concept.

So what is the most important thing for you?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:To Padraic that is the purpose, me also though I also recognise my purpose is children, the future of the human race,, the hope that we will one day leave numbskulls like you behind as we set off to explore the galaxy.

The human race will die according to you, why do you believe in delaying the inevitable? We'll both be dead by the time there is a serious effort at exploring the galaxy I bet.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:So, a theist comes to an atheist forum and bitches about an atheist that jumps in on his thread?

I suppose this is as good a point as any to point out that that is quite possibly the most naïve and stupid thing you've said yet!

Theists are known for proselytizing. The person that I was talking to claimed that proselytizing annoyed him, yet he himself was guilty of it. He was exhibiting hypocrisy. You are just failing to comprehend.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Ignorance? You mean ignorance of your god? Why are you ignorant of Zeus? Of Allah? Of Odin? Of Apollo? Of Quetzalcoatl? Of Zorb? Of the IPU?

You refuse to offer up a rational explanation for your existence. The examples you quote are other people's attempts - where is yours?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Define highest importance! I hold my wife in high regard, my children too.

What would you give the most for, pursue the longest...etc? (e.g. Would you let your wife eat you if she was hungry - only you and the children were available for food?)

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Another dumb assertion ... if your god was real it doesn't leave much in the way of choice now does it?

Yes, it does leave much in the way of choice. You can choose to seek/follow God or you can choose to ignore God and live for yourself.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Exactly the same thing your life consists of ... minus the religion.

This isn't a valid response. God changes everything in my life (i.e. you could never live like me without believing in God).

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:If I was able to stop the holocaust I suppose I would, yes.

Would you fight to the death trying to stop the holocaust? Why?

(September 8, 2009 at 1:17 am)ecolox Wrote: Yea, and since nothing moral makes any sense anyway, what the Nazis did was right - and your opposition to what the Nazis did is right also. This must be impossible though, because two contradictory things cannot simultaneously be true. Plus, there's no way you could have stopped the Nazis, knowing that they were right.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:They don't contradict because they are not me and I am not them! I can believe them wrong whilst they can believe the same of me. Yet another stupid assertion on your part.

If you think they are wrong, and they think you are wrong - who is really right?

Imagine if I killed you (in your world), and the judge asked me if I thought I was right for doing it. Of course I would say yes, but should the judge take my word for it? And if he disagreed, what right does he have to say that I am truly wrong, despite what I think. What makes any person's (or group's) opinion more valid than another person's (or group's) - in your world?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:You beloieve what you do and you're telling me not to think critically? ROFLOL What a wingnut!

It's sarcasm, because you said you wouldn't think critically (in the significant cases of highest disagreement - theists).

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Ah but I don't have a problem with someone believing genocide is OK (I disagree but I don't have an issue with them holding the opinion) ... I DO however have a problem with morons who claim their god is good, that is supposedly loving and kind, the source of a consistent morality, yet wipes out an entire world! Of course I couldn't actually care less because it never fucking happened anyway!

God believed what He was doing was good, so it was. Your opinion on the matter is really irrelevant, since you couldn't stop Him. Those who are guilty do not have a special right to life according to God - or to the U.S. justice system.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:I have no fucking idea! Given my current morality, no!

So you took my advice on not critically thinking after all.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Because whilst my society defines what is moral, morals are not individual, I validate what I think and my conscience would rail against it.

So individuals aren't responsible for deciding what to believe? What's this? Is it your mommy and daddy that do that for you or what?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:No, why would I?

Certainly because you have no reason to disagree with Hitler.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:And even if we accepted he was real do you think we’d give a shit what you and your favourite a zombie Jew thought? ROFLOL

So you are not interested in a discussion - why are you involved now?

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Only a fool would say we lock a god out that we don’t believe in.

You lock God out by denying His existence.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Er … we got a fairly fucking good idea actually and we don’t need a stupid magic-man in the sky to be a part of that explanation.

You haven't offered up a viable explanation.

Kyuuketsuki Wrote:Evolution is why we exist.

That doesn't explain why you exist because evolution is dependent upon the universe, and you have not explained why the universe exists. This explanation is non-viable.

Messages In This Thread
As time goes by - by Darwinian - September 5, 2009 at 4:17 am
RE: As time goes by - by theVOID - September 5, 2009 at 4:43 am
RE: As time goes by - by Samson - September 5, 2009 at 2:57 pm
RE: As time goes by - by bozo - September 5, 2009 at 3:17 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 6, 2009 at 10:02 am
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 6, 2009 at 11:59 am
RE: As time goes by - by Tiberius - September 6, 2009 at 12:04 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 6, 2009 at 1:18 pm
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 6, 2009 at 12:29 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 6, 2009 at 12:51 pm
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 7, 2009 at 12:47 am
RE: As time goes by - by theVOID - September 7, 2009 at 4:15 am
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 7, 2009 at 5:15 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 7, 2009 at 8:28 am
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 8, 2009 at 1:17 am
RE: As time goes by - by padraic - September 7, 2009 at 2:05 am
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 7, 2009 at 11:37 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 6, 2009 at 2:57 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 7, 2009 at 11:16 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 6, 2009 at 4:02 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 6, 2009 at 4:44 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 6, 2009 at 4:50 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 6, 2009 at 5:33 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Minimalist - September 6, 2009 at 4:54 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 7, 2009 at 1:23 am
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 7, 2009 at 11:08 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Darwinian - September 7, 2009 at 2:13 am
RE: As time goes by - by Minimalist - September 7, 2009 at 2:24 am
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 8, 2009 at 12:23 am
RE: As time goes by - by theVOID - September 8, 2009 at 2:32 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 8, 2009 at 4:35 pm
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 8, 2009 at 9:35 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 5:31 am
RE: As time goes by - by padraic - September 7, 2009 at 6:26 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 7, 2009 at 7:19 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 8, 2009 at 12:14 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 8, 2009 at 12:38 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 8, 2009 at 2:06 am
RE: As time goes by - by ecolox - September 8, 2009 at 8:16 pm
RE: As time goes by - by theVOID - September 9, 2009 at 8:01 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 8, 2009 at 5:51 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 8, 2009 at 5:57 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 8, 2009 at 6:35 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 8, 2009 at 9:24 pm
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 9, 2009 at 3:25 am
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 9, 2009 at 10:27 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 4:26 am
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 9, 2009 at 8:16 am
RE: As time goes by - by theVOID - September 8, 2009 at 6:46 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 9, 2009 at 12:11 am
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 9, 2009 at 3:28 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 9, 2009 at 4:51 am
RE: As time goes by - by Darwinian - September 9, 2009 at 6:27 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 6:31 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 9, 2009 at 6:46 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 8:16 am
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 9, 2009 at 8:18 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 10:10 am
RE: As time goes by - by Retorth - September 9, 2009 at 9:30 am
RE: As time goes by - by leo-rcc - September 9, 2009 at 10:21 am
RE: As time goes by - by Kyuuketsuki - September 9, 2009 at 10:28 am
RE: As time goes by - by fr0d0 - September 9, 2009 at 3:19 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Violet - September 9, 2009 at 10:45 pm
RE: As time goes by - by Edwardo Piet - September 9, 2009 at 10:49 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another "image" of Jesus goes viral Silver 26 3055 May 21, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Has anyone been to a funeral where the individual goes to hell? brewer 27 6234 May 8, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: emjay
  mormonism, anything goes LivingNumbers6.626 8 2366 September 16, 2014 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Where goes god get his morality from? Lemonvariable72 32 8830 September 28, 2013 at 3:12 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Humor goes creepy Epimethean 6 1840 October 13, 2011 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: ElDinero
  What happens when an athiest goes to a pentacostal church? "funny story" JohnDG 19 10524 May 16, 2011 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Cinjin