Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 2:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists?
RE: Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists?
Indeed. I have been wondering why it must be a necessary being rather than a necessary entity. The former to me implies that the speaker wants the reader to see the NB as something with intelligence/sentience, and the latter does not. Given the author's other work, I do not think this is an unreasonable implication.

While the argument may or may not be valid (I don't really care to delve into it that deeply), the language chosen reeks of sophistry.

Alas, as it appears that Mr. Rasmussen only was online here long enough to peck out his response, I do not expect to hear back from him.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Do your beliefs imply a Necessary being exists? - by Jackalope - August 13, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I will prove to you that God exists Order 771 174820 September 6, 2026 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Yes God Exists Unapologetics 80 10605 April 26, 2026 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  I will prove to you that Cod exists. BrianSoddingBoru4 10 5583 April 9, 2025 at 2:32 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  I will prove to you The Great Cosmic Penguin exists The Architect Of Fate 1 2102 April 8, 2025 at 3:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you the Borg exists Nay_Sayer 1 2069 April 8, 2025 at 2:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you the Cyril the Space Wombat exists. The Valkyrie 12 5191 April 8, 2025 at 2:28 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I will prove to you Bog exists! BrianSoddingBoru4 4 2969 April 8, 2025 at 2:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I Will Prove To You That Zardoz Exists! Rev. Rye 0 1705 April 7, 2025 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  A timeless being cannot create mcc1789 125 37573 August 29, 2019 at 1:01 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Best response to "You are being too bookish and nerdy!"? FlatAssembler 25 7211 April 5, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)