Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friend or Foe?
RE: Friend or Foe?
(September 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: You missed the question and are assuming too much. I didn't leave Islam because I didn't confirm to Muslim ideology, I was actually extremely religious before. I believed in Islam. I found errors in the Quran while being religious and then found more and more errors, but I had hope or even belief that they would be solved. But the more I thought about the issue and the more I engaged with Muslims about them, the more I realized there was no solution to most of these problems.

I'm wondering what keeps Muslims from seeing these problems all these years when many of them learn logic, and what kept me from seeing these problems the first 40 times I read the Quran.

There is something at work here, some psychological force, that blinds us to see.

This bugs me a lot, I just don't know what it is. There is confirmation bias, but that makes you look at the facts in your favor....should it blind you from clear contradictions and logical errors?

Quote:There is something at work here, some psychological force, that blinds us to see.

YES FUCKING YES THERE IS SOMETHING AT WORK. But it is NOT cognitive or mysterious or super natural or new age.

MOTION and kentic and potential energy.

But we are not binded as far as all of the universe in it's current state. The millions of atoms and quarks in my body right now, were not the atoms of me when I was born. And they certainly have no bind to the quarks or atoms billions of light years away in galaxies now.

"Use the force Luke" seems to be what you are falling for.

Messages In This Thread
Friend or Foe? - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Darwinian - September 28, 2012 at 7:07 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 7:17 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Brian37 - September 28, 2012 at 7:23 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 7:31 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Brian37 - September 28, 2012 at 10:24 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Angrboda - September 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 7:44 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by MysticKnight - September 28, 2012 at 9:14 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Shell B - September 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm
RE: Friend or Foe? - by Brian37 - September 28, 2012 at 10:48 pm