Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 24, 2024, 3:11 pm

Poll: Should foreign media from dictatorships be forbidden to broadcast in democracies?
This poll is closed.
No
81.82%
9 81.82%
Yes
9.09%
1 9.09%
Only the unobjective propagandachannels
9.09%
1 9.09%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should media outlets from dictatorships be banned from broadcasting.
Should media outlets from dictatorships be banned from broadcasting.
I guess a lot of people here receive such garstly propaganda channels as "Russia Today" and "Press TV".
I personaly cant stand both of these channels and the hopeless way in which they try to distract from the fact that they are outright propaganda channels which have nothing to do with journalistic integraty and objective reporting.
Especialy "Press TV" the Iranian propaganda channel makes my blood boil, the dishonesty and the hatred they spread. Can someone actualy take a channel serious which treats David Duke as if he were a earnest political commentator?
And RT? is pritty much Putins mouthpiece.

But on the other hand I have learned to appreciate Al Jazzera english, although not always objectve it is objective most of the time and has reported on storys critical of the arab world. I do guess it`s a nice glimps into the liberal arabs way of seing the world.
I haven`t jet watched a lot of CCTV (chinas new international news channel in english) but would accept it in the same way as Al Jazzera if doesn`t turn out to be a outright KP propaganda piece.

So should certain media outlets from totalitarian nations which broadcast propaganda be forbidden to broadcast in democracies?

Messages In This Thread
Should media outlets from dictatorships be banned from broadcasting. - by Something completely different - November 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anti-gun media Silver 3 361 October 27, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Jew Controlled Media cultcrusher 22 4262 November 22, 2014 at 10:43 am
Last Post: vorlon13