Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 6:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing supernatural about the western suburbs of Melbourne
RE: Nothing supernatural about the western suburbs of Melbourne
(November 24, 2012 at 5:54 pm)worldslaziestbusker Wrote: I am specifically keen to get government funded religious programs and staff out of our publicly funded schools, but you can say no to anyone who requests anything of you that you are not obliged to provide, too.
Could you please provide details of the many incidents you allude to? I am keen to follow up on this and see if the principal is applying preference to your church or if some other form of cronyism is at play.
Cheers
Matt
To clarify when I said "not isolated" I meant in general among churches and schools. I know of some successful chaplaincy programs here in Canberra in government schools that my own Church isn't a part of. You're happy to receive all the stuff that we Anglicans give you outside of schools, BTW, so I don't see where the problem lies. I actually don't agree at all with making religion a part of the curriculum, even in Christian schools. I had an argument over this with a youth leader once. I don't mind the idea of optional Christian classes, but I don't like the idea of it being a part of the curriculum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nothing supernatural about the western suburbs of Melbourne - by Aractus - November 24, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nothing in particular Stu35 13 1556 September 11, 2013 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Captain Colostomy