Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of arguements
RE: Couple of arguements
Quote:1. A loving god would not send sinners and unbelievers to hell.

Unless it loved good people but didn't love evil people and unbelievers were evil for disbelieving. Then it would be a loving God, but not an ALL-loving God.

Quote:2. A god who has enough power, and wants people to believe, would certainly appear in a solid form in front of our eyes if asked to prove it's existence.

I don't think is true. If God exists - then I think if he appeared in front of our eyes, we would expect it to have a relationship with us....but this relationship would destroy a lot of relationshipx. Our parents would not need to raise us, we would not need to learn anything from any human, we could just ask God and God would teach us....we wouldn't have doctors or fireman and we wouldn't be able to struggle with ideas but just have to submit without questioning to his authority.

Further more, we would not come to recognize him through recognition of the self, and vision power, which means we would miss an honorable struggle.

Quote:3. The Bible is very inconsistent. Here's one example. "When moses came down from the mountain, carrying the ten commandments, he saw his people worshipping the Golden Calf. God said unto him to take up his sword and kill the 3,000 unbelievers" wait wait wait. Do you see an0 people lying dead on the ground. At the hands of God. God and Moses (with a few others) just disobeyed the rule recently created. inconsistency? One minute we have two big rocks supposedly carved by god saying "Thou shalt not kill" and then all of a sudden, there are 300

Agreed.
Quote:4. Prayer is an Illusion. Here's how: Christians say that when you pray, the answer from God is yes, or no. Pretty simple right? I just pray to God for a raise, and he will either say yes or no. Wrong. I can pray to God for that raise, and I will probably get it in a few months, therefore, God exists. If that doesn't happen, then God decided that it wasn't for the best. I can do the same thing with a dollar bill. I will pray to the dollar bill. After a week, I get a raise, therefore, the dollar bill created the universe. I pray to the Greek God, Zeus. I get a raise, maybe 4 months later, therefore, Zeus exists. If they both don't happen, then I say, the dollar bill, or Zeus, thought it wasn't for the best. Do we worship Zeus or dollar bills? No

I think perhaps prayer is possible to be in the form of spiritual help. Although we need our own will power, it can be that in times of weakness, we can seek the help of the Creator, in that he will help us with a boost of spiritual energy or will.

It doesn't mean he has to, otherwise this would be a demand. You know for sure however if you asked a dollar bill, it won't spiritually help you.

The same is not true of spiritual help of the Creator.
Quote:5. Most christians say that all complex things need a creator. Who created the (complex) creator? That would be infinite regress.

Except God is believed to be simple (one indivisible entity).

Quote:6. Can God create someone more powerful than himself?

Nope.

I agree with point 7. The real thing is that the world is natural ruled by cause and effect, and I think the only place where prayer is applicable is spiritual help, but not spiritual control of you.

Messages In This Thread
Couple of arguements - by Severan - February 27, 2013 at 9:47 pm
RE: Couple of arguements - by Angrboda - February 28, 2013 at 12:37 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by justin - February 28, 2013 at 12:44 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by Cato - February 28, 2013 at 2:16 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by FallentoReason - February 28, 2013 at 2:41 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by Jackalope - February 28, 2013 at 2:51 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by FallentoReason - February 28, 2013 at 2:53 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by Jackalope - February 28, 2013 at 3:01 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by FallentoReason - February 28, 2013 at 3:03 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by KichigaiNeko - February 28, 2013 at 5:54 am
RE: Couple of arguements - by Zen Badger - February 28, 2013 at 6:26 am