Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 2:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non-religious evidence for existence of God
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God
(March 27, 2013 at 6:45 am)ciko83 Wrote:
Quote:have you actually bothered to do a single minute of research as to their evolutionary basis?

evolution was disproven long time ago, if you dont belive me you can see why evolution is wrong , even with photos as evidence
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/vi...65&start=0

GAH!

Dude, don't just post a link like that without warning! I can't handle the level of ignorance in there without preparation! Anyway, here's my answering link: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop

So let me ask my question again: have you even spent a single minute researching the science behind this stuff? Not biased creationist reports on what's wrong with evolution (I saw many that I recognized in your post, all of them previously debunked) but actual scientific journals. Unbiased ones- and before you start saying that the scientific community is biased toward atheism I would point out that there are plenty of christian scientists, most of whom agree with the conclusions of evolutionary theory- that just show the facts, instead of misrepresenting or misunderstanding them, like literally every one of the things you said in that post did. I seriously suggest you do that.

It'd take way, way too long to go down the line and debunk each of the claims you linked to in turn, but the fact is, I could do it. Me, Esquilax the non-scientist could do it, because I'd actually bothered to research before I made my claims. I'll just do one, for funsies and to prove my chops: you claim that so-called "living fossils," disprove evolution, because their forms remained relatively stable over the millenia. That's an easy one; do you know what an evolutionary niche is?

I doubt it, so let me explain: some organisms have it just about right. Evolution doesn't just happen willy-nilly, you see; actual evolutionary shifts occur due to the mutation in question providing a demonstrable benefit to the organism. That's natural selection at work. But some creatures don't have sufficient pressure acting against them- there's no predator for sharks, for example, and so the shark form has been in use for ages- and hence there's no selection criteria to prompt the change. Bear in mind, still a layman here. I'm sure there are more scientifically literate people out there that would do better. Tongue

But I think I've proved my point, no?

(March 27, 2013 at 6:59 am)ciko83 Wrote: but that is most logical explanation, if you say that it is not, then he is created, and we would start to ask who created all those creators, we would never stop, wich is illogical? so logically God is uncreated just like he said, and that is only a property of God, nobody else.

It's nowhere near the most logical answer, because there's no logic to it! What you're doing is assuming there's a god, and then making your argument fit that, rather than following reality.

For example, what if there's just no god? Ever even consider that? What if the science we have now shows us what happened- real science by the way, not your misunderstanding of science- and you're just talking a whole bunch of nothing? Stop just assuming that your god exists and going from there, that's the definition of illogical.

Quote:beacuse i have studied quran for so long and come to conslusion that it is only book from him , unchanged and uncorrupted since the time of revelation and i have all evidence for that claim

So because your single, biased source says that he's real, he's therefore real? That's incredibly fallacious. Not even worth rebutting, really: you know there are even older books than the quran which claim their god is the one that created the universe. Why are they wrong but you're right?

(March 27, 2013 at 7:02 am)ciko83 Wrote: here is question for you

How could non-thining nature create natural engine with 40 parts joined on correct places? how could nature put these parts like puzzles on correct places, logically inteklectual being iis that who think like that?

Do me a favor: point one out. Show me an organism that's like that, and I will go out and find you its evolutionary antecedents. I promise. Give me something to work with, and watch me go.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by ciko83 - March 27, 2013 at 5:22 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Esquilax - March 27, 2013 at 7:12 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Tonus - March 27, 2013 at 11:16 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 9:10 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 9:16 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 9:38 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 9:44 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 10:20 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 10:34 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 10:45 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 10:55 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 10:58 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 11:01 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 11:06 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 11:26 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 27, 2013 at 1:19 pm
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 28, 2013 at 6:33 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Tex - March 28, 2013 at 1:37 pm
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 29, 2013 at 8:05 am
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 29, 2013 at 6:19 pm
RE: Non-religious evidence for existence of God - by Joel - March 30, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1926 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Proof and evidence will always equal Science zwanzig 103 7214 December 17, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Persistent Non-Symbolic Experiences Ahriman 0 560 August 18, 2021 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Questions about the European renaissance and religion to non believers Quill01 6 722 January 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are miracles evidence of the existence of God? ido 74 4498 July 24, 2020 at 12:59 pm
  God as a non-creator Fake Messiah 13 1767 January 21, 2020 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7511 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  10 Syllogistic arguments for Gods existence Otangelo 84 11459 January 14, 2020 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 14474 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
  Quantum Physics Proves God’s Existence blue grey brain 15 1967 January 2, 2019 at 11:08 pm