Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 8:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult
(March 30, 2013 at 11:03 am)Rhythm Wrote: Mins catholic faith.....?

Merely an example. Christian, Muslim and Jewish are all the same here. Even atheist Zionists have a belief in this.

(March 30, 2013 at 6:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How do they differ from a much longer list of characters and events which would prove Les Miserables and The Three Musketeers are true stories?

As I said, Mouse. There are times when you simply sound like a fanatic. This is one of those times.

So the Assyrians wrote a bunch of shit just so second century jews could invent a great king?

That is what you sound like and it isn't helping you.

No. So they could invent a great king and a great kingdom which disappeared without a trace. However, any king or kingdom would do. Until there is physical evidence of existence the Septuagint version is just mythology.

As you know the prism you like was found in the royal palace in the ruins of Nineveh. Would you tell me what has been found in the royal palaces of the listed people? Your correct response is, What palaces?

(March 30, 2013 at 6:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How do they differ from a much longer list of characters and events which would prove Les Miserables and The Three Musketeers are true stories?

As I said, Mouse. There are times when you simply sound like a fanatic. This is one of those times.

So the Assyrians wrote a bunch of shit just so second century jews could invent a great king?

That is what you sound like and it isn't helping you.

Question for you: Taking into account all the known physical evidence what is your theory as to who wrote it and when and what do you believe its contents represent?

This is a serious question. It must be answered from the ground up without any assumptions. There is no default answer. Religious tradition has no standing. One cannot assume religious tradition is correct and then argue to that conclusion.

(March 29, 2013 at 8:50 am)Aractus Wrote:
(March 28, 2013 at 6:33 am)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: Last time you claimed they were both old and discredited and I challenged you to post the discreditations. You produced no discreditations but repeat your nonsense claim they are old. Again, you knowingly and willfully lie about what I post. You are clearly a dishonest person.
You are pathetic. You resort to labelling me as something I'm not

Produce the discreditations to show you are not lying.

Quote:because you are unable to substantiate any of your claims.

I said the OT stories first appear in history in Greek. You have produced nothing older. That statement is correct. What is there to substantiate?

So I have said nothing incorrect as to the appearance of the stories or the language in which they appear and you have produced nothing which would discredit those statements.

What is your point?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Made in Alexandria: The Origin of the Yahweh Cult - by A_Nony_Mouse - March 31, 2013 at 3:44 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origin of April Fools? Goosebump 2 557 April 2, 2023 at 3:41 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Allah/Yahweh/Jesus are like....... Brian37 10 2997 April 23, 2017 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Cult of Alice dyresand 2 1189 April 14, 2015 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist