Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 6:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution.
RE: Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution.
(April 6, 2013 at 2:23 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Well the designer can make a bunch of mutations occur at once for example, that would cause a system to arise.
The mutations are still the ones causing the system to arise, you're just invoking djinn as a cause for mutations. I have no need to do this, as mutatations do not require djinn to occur. The rest of your post honestly falls flat on it;s face right here.....but....

Quote:That system would be advantageous,
not that it needs to be, or always is.

Quote: and would then have a chance of gaining popularity in the population.
Not that it needs to, or always does.

Quote: He can also be adding mutations that are not random, but making something head towards a direction, by selectively choosing those mutations in advantageous individuals of the population, over and over again, that are adding towards the system, even though the incomplete system plays no advantage.
What would this achieve that ns does not by working in the reverse?

Quote: The last line, while you might say is possible through naturalism, I really don't see it possible, because there is no direction by natural selection to select those specific type of mutations over and over again that are leading to a different function and system since the mutations are completely random.
Natural selection isn't "selecting" any type of mutations in particular to achieve any sort of specific system, nor are the mutations that express themselves as evolution random in any sense of the word (many mutations occur - not all of them are expressed as adaptations or advantage), I've been trying to explain this to you from the very beginning...so whether or not you can see how it might be doing that is entirely irrelevant, isn't it?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. - by The Grand Nudger - April 6, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent Design Is Pseudoscience: Creationist Lies About Evolution Debunked CodeDNA 7 1084 April 22, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: no one
  Blind evolution or intelligent design? ignoramus 12 2064 August 2, 2017 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why Do Otherwise Intelligent People Succomb to Religion? Rhondazvous 47 8653 October 25, 2015 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Directionality in evolution without intelligent guidance tantric 25 5408 January 22, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Intelligent Design: Irreducible Complexity? OfficerVajardian 49 12924 August 17, 2014 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Intelligent Design triumph! Mudhammam 2 1312 July 17, 2014 at 7:05 am
Last Post: FreeTony
  Intelligent Design, Proof VI - Instincts Muslim Scholar 57 23192 October 30, 2013 at 9:45 am
Last Post: orogenicman
Lightbulb Intelligent Design, Proof V Muslim Scholar 75 44926 June 22, 2013 at 10:49 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Intelligent Design, Proof IV Muslim Scholar 97 50748 June 19, 2013 at 7:44 pm
  Intelligent Design, Proof III Muslim Scholar 61 29179 May 29, 2013 at 3:14 am