Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 5:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shameful!
RE: Shameful!
(May 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm)festive1 Wrote: I don't disagree with what you are saying, but I don't trust the average person.
Well, you kinda do disagree with what I'm saying then. Please, don't feel like you need to say you agree with me to be polite. You clearly disagree, and that's fine.

Quote:I want government officials to ok that bakery that opened down the street to ensure they don't have pests or potentially hazardous conditions for their customers or employees.
You realize that government officials are, for the most part, average people right? What makes you trust them, but not anyone else? Why trust the regulators?

Besides, I'm not entirely sure you know what think a government visit is going to prove. All it shows is that at that time, on that specific day, the place was seemingly legit. I say seemingly because there are plenty of ways to distract investigators from the facts. My point is, if you go to any store, anywhere, even if they have a lovely pretty certificate saying they are government approved, it is not a guarantee that they are, at that particular point in time, following regulations.

Quote:I don't want unregulated daycares that don't have to worry about a random government person coming by.
I'd imagine there are plenty of these, usually because they don't advertise themselves to the government in the first place.

Quote:And I certainly don't want some random person purchasing the chemicals necessary to make fertilizer without some form of oversight.
Erm...you realize it's pretty easy to do this anyway right?

Quote:I totally agree with you though, what happened at that plant is criminal negligence. But my money's on not one person being held criminally responsible.
Right, and that in my opinion is the main thing wrong here. Not a lack of regulation, but the fact that the people responsible aren't going to be held responsible. I'm honestly not sure what more regulation could have done in this scenario; it's a plant that deals with chemicals, and it's run by infallible humans. Mistakes are bound to happen at some points; that has been shown through human history.

Messages In This Thread
Shameful! - by Dragonetti - May 5, 2013 at 3:48 am
RE: Shameful! - by festive1 - May 5, 2013 at 6:51 am
RE: Shameful! - by A_Nony_Mouse - May 5, 2013 at 5:35 pm
RE: Shameful! - by Minimalist - May 5, 2013 at 11:47 am
RE: Shameful! - by Tiberius - May 5, 2013 at 12:09 pm
RE: Shameful! - by festive1 - May 5, 2013 at 12:27 pm
RE: Shameful! - by Minimalist - May 5, 2013 at 12:31 pm
RE: Shameful! - by Tiberius - May 5, 2013 at 12:33 pm
RE: Shameful! - by festive1 - May 5, 2013 at 12:41 pm
RE: Shameful! - by Tiberius - May 5, 2013 at 12:58 pm
RE: Shameful! - by festive1 - May 6, 2013 at 11:26 am