Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 9:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong?
(August 10, 2013 at 8:43 am)Theo Zacharias Wrote:
(August 10, 2013 at 8:39 am)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: @theo Zacharias,


Is this the reason why you think it's valid to believe in god?

This isn't reason that god exists or to think that god exists. This is reason to identify as a theist. And it's unfounded, what you're basically saying is if you call yourself and atheist, bad things will happen, so you'll call yourself a theist.

Yes, I agree that this is not the reason/evidence that God exists (I never said otherwise).
Do you have reason that god exists? That's the one I'm interested in, not why it's inconvenient for you to call yourself atheist.
Quote:I also agree that this is a reason to become a theist. Unfounded? Why? No argument from you above.
What? You think that if I don't believe in god, I should call myself a theist anyway?

Unfounded because this forum is full of atheists whose lives are no worse or better than theists (more or less).

Quote:Are you saying that I should be an atheist even though there is no evidence that God does not exist and even though I know most likely bad things will happen to me if I become an atheist?
I fail to see why this is irrational. For me, the opposite is the one that is irrational.
I'm not interested in what you should call yourself or what you should be.
It's abundantly clear you do not see why it's irrational to believe in god even though there is no reason to. I'm just interested in why you think why a lack of belief in god when there is no reason to believe in one is irrational.[/quote]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Attn: Theists - What would it take to prove you wrong? - by pineapplebunnybounce - August 10, 2013 at 9:26 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theists, provide your arguments for God. Disagreeable 41 11529 August 9, 2024 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Serious question about thoughts on theists Kingpin 118 33360 May 18, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Serious] Could an omnipotent and omniscient god prove that he was God? Jehanne 136 41790 January 26, 2023 at 11:33 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Does Ezekiel 23:20 prove that God is an Incel Woah0 26 9257 September 17, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  Theists: What is your stance on evolution? Agnostic1 118 32348 March 27, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 41700 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: awty
  If artificial super intelligence erases humans, will theists see this as God's plan? Face2face 24 10935 March 5, 2021 at 6:40 am
Last Post: awty
  Am I right to assume, that theists cannot prove that I am not god? Vast Vision 116 62479 March 5, 2021 at 6:39 am
Last Post: awty
  Is God weaker than theists imagine, and is mankind stronger? invalid 6 4060 March 5, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: awty
  Theists: how do you account for psychopaths? robvalue 288 94844 March 5, 2021 at 6:37 am
Last Post: awty



Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)