Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lingvogeometry
RE: Lingvogeometry
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: That sounds like long and boring work - so I'm not gonna do that.
I will, however, point you to wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashvins. Here you can find a list of references to Ashvins within the Rigveda. You can wade through that if you want.

Then this is the difference between researcher and simple user. Wiki page about Ashvins is the compilation of somebody thoughts. But to make your own opinion you have to read the original texts yourself.
I just checked hymns connected to Asvins and found interesting case.
In Russian translation Asvins are called “two bulls” many times during text. But in English translation in every case this “two bulls” are translated as “the mighty ones”.
I have checked German translation and found that in German there are also “bulls”:

21. Ihr Asvin standet dem Vasa zum Kampfe bei, daß er an einem Morgen Tausende gewann.
Von Indra begleitet wehret ihr das Unheil, die Feindseligkeiten von Prithusravas ab, ihr
Bullen.

21 One morn ye strengthened Vaga for the battle, to gather spoils that might be told in thousands.
With Indra joined ye drove away misfortunes, yea foes of Prthusravas, O ye mighty

21 Вы помогли Ваше, о Ашвины, сражаться, Чтобы завоевать тысячи за одно утро. Сопровождаемые Индрой, вы прогнали несчастья (И) враждебность от Притхушраваса, о два быка.

First you can see that again the epithet of god is the bull.
Mighty = bull
Then I have checked the original Devanagari text. I have found the words which are translated as “mighty” or “bulls” and it is “vrsanav” and “vRSNi”
The dictionary gives super interesting translation:
“vrsanav” - causing to rain
The connection of god to water was already mentioned in above posts.
Messiah means “from the water”
Moses means “from the water”
Nimbus means “cloud, rain”

“vRSNi” – bull, mighty, ram, powerful, ray of light.
Ram is another animal with horn of crescent shape.
[Image: wBf09TTCxOA.jpg]
So what is that mighty lighting bull/ram that causes to rain?
Sunset and sunrise? Funny…

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Except, the reason rabbit is chosen as Easter symbol is because of its fertility and its association with springtime. The long, convoluted association between the moon rabbit and Easter rabbit doesn't work if there is a much simpler factual explanation for the latter.
There are many countries where no spring happens. All South Asia lives circle year without any significant changes from season to season. But there are rabbits. And they are not connected to spring.
Your hypothesis is not universal.
The Easter is celebrated in Sri Lanka for example in form of "Vesak" holyday. The day of Buddha born, death and enlightenment. And it is predictable celebrated in full moon day. The rabbit as a god and moon symbol can be found on the flag of this tropical country where there is no spring and nature is flowering and giving fruits 365 days the year.
VeSaK is phonetically similar to Russian name of Easter – PaSKa. Despite the non common roots of Russian and Singala languages.
[Image: sri_flag.jpg]

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote:
(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: And by the way. Do you know that Jesus was pictured as the crescent in many ancient graphics? Check this out:
Then solve small puzzle:
Lady with young jesus = lady with young crescent moon
Lady with young can be reduced.
Jesus = moon.
Simple.
And how do you intend to prove the first statement?
Because there is a young moon on one picture in place where young Jesus is on another.
May be you can explain what is moon crescent doing on the Cristian “sunny” religion ikon?
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Not even a coincidence. The given examples all have different roots and little connection to each-other. Mosque is a derivative of Masjid. Moscow is named after a river - nothing to do with crescents or temples. And mosquito derives from *mu - "fly". Just because you can draw long convoluted connections between them doesn't mean there are any.
I did not say that there is an etymological connection. I talk only about phonetic and semantic connection.
For example, Mosque comes from Masjid which means “to bow down in prayer”. Again bowed shape. It is not long convoluted connection. It is straight connection to the predicted shape.
[Image: 21856.jpg]

(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: So what is the form of below diadem? Where do you see the circle?
[Image: svad-diadem.jpg]

Try looking from the top.
Why should I use top view? Anyway. Show the circle on the top view:
[Image: diadem2.png]
Most of diadems are not closed to full circle.

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Then that should be sufficient explanation. The artists don't draw crescents as symbols for divine - they attempt to draw halos which look like crescents from certain angle which, over time, have come to be misrepresented as crescents in actuality.
The origin of Christian religion is Jews beliefs. Judaism is moon religion without a doubt. They were drawing the symbol of their god – crescent.
Only modern commentators claim halos to be round and connect it to sun. And this is misrepresentation, which causes those fucking religious wars happening again and again.
Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus – we all same moon religion people.
Somebody has divided us, as there is a rule of any ruler: “divide and dominate”. I believe its time to understand this stupid separation and become earthlings. Gathered and mighty.
Don’t you think so?

(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: And what is that difference in terms of geometry?

One a circle minus half the circle. The other is a circle minus another circle.
Yes, I understand how to draw the semicircle and crescent. But what is the significant difference between these two forms?
The circle is surely different from the triangle, for example. But crescent and semicircle are very close to each other.
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Loth as I am t defend the bible in any form, but here it is your or my knowledge that matters, but that of those who wrote the stuff.
An equally valid interpretation would be that the light source of the first day was neither sun nor moon nor stars. It was something else altogether that was divided into sun, moon and stars on fourth day. Which means god did not create the sun a second time.
Even if the first light did refer to the sun, the obvious conclusion would be that the sun was formed on the first day, then on the fourth, that light was divided into sun, stars and moon and thus sun was "recreated". What is not the solution here is that god was the moon to begin with. Sorry, nothing here indicates that the bible is all about the moon from the start.

You can see that to confirm your version you have to “create” new entity – “It was something else altogether that was divided into sun, moon and stars”
Creation of such new entity brakes scientific principle of Okkama’s razor. According to it, you cannot create new entity to explain the process. Before creating “something else” one has to check all other existing items.
So first explanation of what was happening first days is the creation of sun. An object, which gives days and nights, causes flowers to grow and so on.
Thus, second creation of sun is artificial. And can only be explained as an attempt to hide something important.
Belief that there was “something else” is logic mistake, which is passing by people who does not think logically.
If this “something else” acts like a sun, divides the days to day and night periods, lets the nature to grow and so on, then it is the sun. At least the sun should be firstly considered.

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: I can see that you are moving the goalposts. The shape of the crane in flight does not figure in how it is named or the basic meaning of that name - so it does not qualify in etymology OR semantic.

The shape of the crane in flight is crescent like. Agreed?
The shape of “karan” from where the discourse was started is crescent like. Ok?
CRaNe is phonetically similar with KaRaN. Ok?
The shape of HoRN is similar to the shape of CoRN. Right? There is no etymological connection. But there is semantic and phonetic connection. And such connections are studied by lingvogeometry.
I have told that this is new method. I’m sharing it with people to move together to understanding why there is such correlations. Explanation of the nature of human gods is only small part of what is found.
If you would not be so skeptical about you can see really amazing things happen. Just try.

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Doves have been a symbol of purity due to their color and peaceful nature for quite a long time. That has nothing to do with the incidental shape of their wings. Otherwise, every bird out there would be similarly considered to symbolize the divine.
From culture to culture there are many divine birds: doves, cranes, storks, eagles, owls, crows.
They are of different colors, different nature (sometimes not so peaceful), but all of them symbolize gods. The only same property they have is the shape. So why it cannot be the reason to count it as a common basis?
By the way, do you remember how cranes are flying? They form angle in the sky. There was a lot about the angle isn’t it?
[Image: kosyak_ptic.png]
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Again, meaningless. A lot of other birds have crowns as well. That one of them happens to be a subspecies of the type whose name somewhat sounds like "crown" signifies nothing.
Ok. But how many divine birds have crowns? Crane is one of the famous divine birds.
Did you ever know that the crane as mechanism is also divine? Think I’m joking? Look at this Indian annual religious festival. The main action is the crane that is moved around the temple 365 times with young boys attached to it.
Guess why they do so?
[Image: kran.jpg]

(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: So cranes were related to goddess as well as fish. Fish is a symbol of Jesus also. “Crane/fish” religion transformed to lunar Islam. So who is the Jesus? It is lunar deity. Why fish? Same source as rabbit. Ancient people were seeing the shape of fish on the moon. That is why this association occurred.
So there is a legend of moon-fish now? That's the first I'm hearing of it.
Well, the moon in connection to fish is known in many cultures. Hah, simple googling gave very nice example. You should understand that I read this story also first time. But the existence of such story is predicted by my research.

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: And I understand Jesus is associated with fish because a lot of his disciples were fishermen and one of his miracles featured fish in a big way.
Concluding a universal theme of divinity associated with crane/fish is a stretch to begin with. Concluding "god is moon" from this is a whole different level of leaping.
Yes! These are also moon allegories. The bible is not history. It is the story. It is the compilation of moon allegories developed by humanity to the time of writing the bible. It is “moon science” of ancient people. They, like us, where extremely interested what is the moon, but only our time we start to understand what is the moon, how it appeared, what is its content and so on. The information about the moon, even if it was transmitted in forms of allegoric stories, was progress moving idea very important and innovative. That days concepts of date (MoNTH) and time (MiNuTe) were developed.

(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: Yes! It is very simple. The name of process as we know it was taken from the moon characteristic - it grows!
GRoW = KoRoWa (cow)

Is *ghre the root of Korowa? Can you provide evidence for this?
According to Russian etymology dictionary “Korowa” comes from Latin “cervus” which means “deer”.
Latin “cervus” is coming from same PIE root as “horn” - *ker-, which if you remember is the root for “crescent”.
And I did not mean grow and korowa etymologically similar. GRoW = KoRoWa means it has similar phonetic structure.

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: What your hypothesis seeks to establish is that that root - in etymology or meaning - would have one among your given list. And it doesn't.
Did I gave crescent in the list? Yes. Is crescent young and growing? Yes.
*ghre means young and growing. Isn’t this the predicted semantic connection?

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Wow, that's a great deal of running around in circles. Cutting through the chase, you are supposed to show a meaningful relation between god and cut. Aside from saying they are phonetically similar - they aren't- you haven't given me anything.
Believe me I gave. But it seems you are not ready enough to get it.
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Except, that is not a symbol for god in the Buddhist tradition. That hand gesture is one of the many Mudras - hand gestures - prevalent in Asian religions. You can find many other examples of statues with different hand gestures.
Can you provide the evidence of meanings of such gestures. How do you know that it is not about the moon? Christians don’t have Mudras, but they show this symbol and believe it is divine.
[Image: pavel.jpg]

(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: Again, not even a coincidence. In the Hindu mythological pantheon you'll find all sorts of animal gods - monkeys, snakes, horses, lions and so on. Having an elephant in the ranks is not exceptional.
Yes, but this not denies that elephant is the god. One of many, but god.
(September 29, 2013 at 1:35 pm)genkaus Wrote: You do realize that you are ignoring a lot of actual evidence, don't you? The given earring are not and were not the only shapes used. So no, they don't always look like crescents. Thus, the conclusion of association with the crescent is invalid. Further, the crescent itself is a separate symbol and it signifies something else altogether.
In territory where Rig Veda was written, given kind of ear and nose rings are common and traditional.
This means that this form was meaning something for people. Why not the moon?
(September 29, 2013 at 10:51 am)Monolens Wrote: Just forgot one thing. What is the main characteristic of rabbit? Its ears!
Again god’s animal main feature is ears.
Next time when you will say somebody “Happy New Year” remember that in deed you say “Happy new ear” and congratulate person with first moon of new year Wink

How did you get to this ridiculous conclusion?Wait. Let me guess.
God is moon. Moon is associated with rabbit. Therefore rabbit is god's animal. And its main characteristic is its ears.
You know, the official term for this is "Insane Troll Logic".
To start with, we're discussing the significance of "ear" in Sanskrit and there ears are not regarded as the main characteristic of rabbits. Secondly, the other god's animals - fish, crane, cows etc. do not have significant ears.
Thirdly, how exactly is the phonetic similarity of year and ear relevant?
I did not say that all god’s animals must have ears. Why do you think so?
Regarding phonetic similarity. Try to say year and ear many times, may be then you will understand that both words are pronounced completely same way.
In terms of linguistics these is called homonymy. My theory gives understanding why there so many homonyms in languages and between languages.
You know how to say “year” in Ukrainian? “Rock”.
And how to say “horn”? “Rog”
That is why Rig Veda has its name. “Veda” means “to know”. “Rig” means “horn”.

Anyway, despite your skeptic position about the issue I must thank you for your patience and respect. As a founder of very unusual new theory, I have to test it in dialogs and discussed examples with community. And talking to you is very helpful to understand the weak sites of the evidence base.
Your reaction is predicted and ok. I believe you are good person and you also get some new interesting stuff from our conversation.
Regards!

Messages In This Thread
Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Ryantology - September 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Ryantology - September 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by max-greece - September 25, 2013 at 1:28 am
RE: Lingvogeometry - by CapnAwesome - September 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by genkaus - September 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by genkaus - September 27, 2013 at 6:02 am