Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 11:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lingvogeometry
RE: Lingvogeometry
(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Then this is the difference between researcher and simple user. Wiki page about Ashvins is the compilation of somebody thoughts. But to make your own opinion you have to read the original texts yourself.
I just checked hymns connected to Asvins and found interesting case.
In Russian translation Asvins are called “two bulls” many times during text. But in English translation in every case this “two bulls” are translated as “the mighty ones”.
I have checked German translation and found that in German there are also “bulls”:

21. Ihr Asvin standet dem Vasa zum Kampfe bei, daß er an einem Morgen Tausende gewann.
Von Indra begleitet wehret ihr das Unheil, die Feindseligkeiten von Prithusravas ab, ihr
Bullen.

21 One morn ye strengthened Vaga for the battle, to gather spoils that might be told in thousands.
With Indra joined ye drove away misfortunes, yea foes of Prthusravas, O ye mighty

21 Вы помогли Ваше, о Ашвины, сражаться, Чтобы завоевать тысячи за одно утро. Сопровождаемые Индрой, вы прогнали несчастья (И) враждебность от Притхушраваса, о два быка.

First you can see that again the epithet of god is the bull.
Mighty = bull
Then I have checked the original Devanagari text. I have found the words which are translated as “mighty” or “bulls” and it is “vrsanav” and “vRSNi”
The dictionary gives super interesting translation:
“vrsanav” - causing to rain
The connection of god to water was already mentioned in above posts.
Messiah means “from the water”
Moses means “from the water”
Nimbus means “cloud, rain”

“vRSNi” – bull, mighty, ram, powerful, ray of light.
Ram is another animal with horn of crescent shape.

So what is that mighty lighting bull/ram that causes to rain?
Sunset and sunrise? Funny…

So, apparently, the difference between a researcher and a simple user is that a researcher can't keep track of his own arguments. Let me refresh your memory a little:

Argument: Look at all these prayers from Rigveda addressed to the moon - as evidenced repeated metaphorical references to crescents.
Counter: Sorry, hardly any crescents there.
A: They are still about the moon, because I can see a crescent in anything I want and also, they are said at night.
C: Sorry, they are not about the moon because there is not suggestion that they are said at night and also, they are explicitly addressed to the Ashvins.
A: Yeah, well, look at all the other crap I can connect it to - based on one of the phrases referring to them as bulls.

So fucking what? In sanskrit, bull is a synonym for mighty - for the obvious reason that a bull is a mighty animal. For the record, "vrsni" also means manly, air, angry, strong and so on.

Sorry, the epithet here is not "bull". They are being called strong or mighty. As for the rest of your crap, "vrsanav" would not be related to rain. "Varsanav" might be. That "a" in the middle is significant because in Sanskrit, it changes the entire phonetic and semantic structure of the word.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: There are many countries where no spring happens. All South Asia lives circle year without any significant changes from season to season. But there are rabbits. And they are not connected to spring.
Your hypothesis is not universal.
The Easter is celebrated in Sri Lanka for example in form of "Vesak" holyday. The day of Buddha born, death and enlightenment. And it is predictable celebrated in full moon day. The rabbit as a god and moon symbol can be found on the flag of this tropical country where there is no spring and nature is flowering and giving fruits 365 days the year.
VeSaK is phonetically similar to Russian name of Easter – PaSKa. Despite the non common roots of Russian and Singala languages.

Actually, there aren't any rabbits in this context here. Aside form that, there is so much wrong here that I don't know where to start. The only common thing between Easter and Vesak is that they are both spring festivals - and yes, the spring season is not magically absent from South-East Asia.

Easter is a Christian holiday. Easter is associated with spring. Spring is associated with fertility. Rabbits are associated with fertility. Thus rabbits are associated with Easter. No relation to moon or moon-rabbits.

Vesak, Vaisakhi, Baisakhi or Buddha Purnima is associated with harvest season. It is not Easter. There are no rabbits involved. It is celebrated on a full moon because, surprise, surprise, it is based on lunar calendar. In fact, you can take it for a given that almost all holidays within a lunar calendar would be centred on new moon, no moon or full moon. That's because its a fucking lunar calendar.

And I've no idea which country that flag belongs to, but its not Srilanka.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Because there is a young moon on one picture in place where young Jesus is on another.
May be you can explain what is moon crescent doing on the Cristian “sunny” religion ikon?

Simple enough. One picture is depicting her as a celestial or heavenly being with the sun behind her head, stars around her and moon below her. The other is showing her with baby Jesus.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: I did not say that there is an etymological connection. I talk only about phonetic and semantic connection.
For example, Mosque comes from Masjid which means “to bow down in prayer”. Again bowed shape. It is not long convoluted connection. It is straight connection to the predicted shape.

And there is no semantic connection. Phonetic similarity between the words, by itself, proves nothing.
Further, Masjid means a place for prayer. "To bow down in prayer" is called "sajda". Not even phonetically similar. And there is no connection between the bowed shape and anything you've been saying so far - not even a long convoluted one. Take a look at your own picture - no crescent there.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Why should I use top view? Anyway. Show the circle on the top view:

Most of diadems are not closed to full circle.

A cursory look at google images suggests otherwise. Most of them do close to a full circle.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: The origin of Christian religion is Jews beliefs. Judaism is moon religion without a doubt. They were drawing the symbol of their god – crescent.
Only modern commentators claim halos to be round and connect it to sun. And this is misrepresentation, which causes those fucking religious wars happening again and again.
Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus – we all same moon religion people.
Somebody has divided us, as there is a rule of any ruler: “divide and dominate”. I believe its time to understand this stupid separation and become earthlings. Gathered and mighty.
Don’t you think so?

Not. Not at all. I don't think Judaism is a moon religion and your saying that it is one without a doubt doesn't make it so. I also don't agree that they were drawing a crescent as a symbol of their god. I most certainly do disagree with your classification of Hinduism with the other three. They are all Abrahamic religions while Hinduism is not. Also, Hinduism is not a moon religion.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Yes, I understand how to draw the semicircle and crescent. But what is the significant difference between these two forms?
The circle is surely different from the triangle, for example. But crescent and semicircle are very close to each other.

There is no significance to whatever similarity or dissimilarity between the two. That's the whole point. They are two different geometrical shapes and using one in a particular context does not signify any connection to the other.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: You can see that to confirm your version you have to “create” new entity – “It was something else altogether that was divided into sun, moon and stars”
Creation of such new entity brakes scientific principle of Okkama’s razor. According to it, you cannot create new entity to explain the process. Before creating “something else” one has to check all other existing items.
So first explanation of what was happening first days is the creation of sun. An object, which gives days and nights, causes flowers to grow and so on.
Thus, second creation of sun is artificial. And can only be explained as an attempt to hide something important.
Belief that there was “something else” is logic mistake, which is passing by people who does not think logically.
If this “something else” acts like a sun, divides the days to day and night periods, lets the nature to grow and so on, then it is the sun. At least the sun should be firstly considered.

Don't invoke the Occam's razor if you are going to completely ignore it in the very next line.

The simplest explanation is that its a plot hole. That there is no attempt to hide or deceive anything. That the different authors wrote different parts and didn't notice the error until it was too late to be corrected. What I gave here was the Christian rationalization and I'm saying that even that rationalization is more logical than your hypothesis.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: The shape of the crane in flight is crescent like. Agreed?
The shape of “karan” from where the discourse was started is crescent like. Ok?
CRaNe is phonetically similar with KaRaN. Ok?
The shape of HoRN is similar to the shape of CoRN. Right? There is no etymological connection. But there is semantic and phonetic connection. And such connections are studied by lingvogeometry.
I have told that this is new method. I’m sharing it with people to move together to understanding why there is such correlations. Explanation of the nature of human gods is only small part of what is found.
If you would not be so skeptical about you can see really amazing things happen. Just try.

No. I'm simply saying that its not relevant even if it was.
No. "Karan" means light or horns. Neither is necessarily crescent-shaped.
Yes, crane sounds like karan - but without the rest, it means nothing.
No, horns are not shaped like corn. So there is no etymological or semantic connection.
Is seeing connections where none exist a part of your methodology?

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: From culture to culture there are many divine birds: doves, cranes, storks, eagles, owls, crows.
They are of different colors, different nature (sometimes not so peaceful), but all of them symbolize gods. The only same property they have is the shape. So why it cannot be the reason to count it as a common basis?
By the way, do you remember how cranes are flying? They form angle in the sky. There was a lot about the angle isn’t it?

That common feature is flight. Take a look at the picture you posted. Hardly any of them display a "crescent". But all of them fly. That's why they are associated with gods. Your "crescent" shape cannot be counted as common basis because it is not common.
And cranes can form many different patterns while flying. And an angle would be feature of any pattern. So, no, that means nothing.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Ok. But how many divine birds have crowns? Crane is one of the famous divine birds.

Quite a few actually. Eagles, peacocks. Also try to remember that crown is not a universal feature of cranes.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Did you ever know that the crane as mechanism is also divine? Think I’m joking? Look at this Indian annual religious festival. The main action is the crane that is moved around the temple 365 times with young boys attached to it.
Guess why they do so?

Pretty sure you are making this up.

I can't find any Indian religious festival which even uses that particular ritual much less have it as the main attraction. Can you tell me the name of the festival?

Also, I'm not seeing so much as a crane in the picture as a lever mechanism to get the stick to stand-up straight.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Well, the moon in connection to fish is known in many cultures. Hah, simple googling gave very nice example. You should understand that I read this story also first time. But the existence of such story is predicted by my research.

What's predicted by your "research" is that people would see the fish shape in the moon. Not that they'd go with the assumption that moon is a fish. Which is what happens in the story. Got any other examples?

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Yes! These are also moon allegories. The bible is not history. It is the story. It is the compilation of moon allegories developed by humanity to the time of writing the bible. It is “moon science” of ancient people. They, like us, where extremely interested what is the moon, but only our time we start to understand what is the moon, how it appeared, what is its content and so on. The information about the moon, even if it was transmitted in forms of allegoric stories, was progress moving idea very important and innovative. That days concepts of date (MoNTH) and time (MiNuTe) were developed.

Wrong. They are not "moon stories" or "moon science". Those stories are not allegories for the moon and simply repeating that doesn't make it so. As for the similarity between moon and month - that's predicted by the existence of lunar calendar. And existence of lunar calendar is expected because the phases of the moon are the most easily identifiable astronomical time-keeping phenomenon.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: According to Russian etymology dictionary “Korowa” comes from Latin “cervus” which means “deer”.
Latin “cervus” is coming from same PIE root as “horn” - *ker-, which if you remember is the root for “crescent”.
And I did not mean grow and korowa etymologically similar. GRoW = KoRoWa means it has similar phonetic structure.

Actually, if I recall correctly, *ker is not the root fro crescent. And as I've said many other times, phonetic similarity doesn't mean anything.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Did I gave crescent in the list? Yes. Is crescent young and growing? Yes.
*ghre means young and growing. Isn’t this the predicted semantic connection?

Except, you didn't give crescent in the list.
And your theory didn't predict a common root with crescent's etymology, it predicted that crescent would be the root.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Believe me I gave. But it seems you are not ready enough to get it.

Nope. You didn't. My readiness has nothing to do with it.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Can you provide the evidence of meanings of such gestures. How do you know that it is not about the moon? Christians don’t have Mudras, but they show this symbol and believe it is divine.

You'll have to look up the evidence yourself. What I know about Mudras I wouldn't know where to find on the internet. I know that every gesture means a specific thing and any variation may result in meaning something different altogether.

For example, in all the given Christian examples, the thumb holds down the middle and third finger - a gesture that means nothing. The correct gesture, where the thumb doesn't fold, is signifies warding off evil. The mudra for moon - called chandra mudra - is something completely different altogether.

Its quite possible that the meaning of the hand gesture - warding off evil - carried over to Christianity and they use a variation to signify the same thing. However, there is no relation to the moon here.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Yes, but this not denies that elephant is the god. One of many, but god.

And since it is one of many, no special significance can be attached to it being an elephant.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: In territory where Rig Veda was written, given kind of ear and nose rings are common and traditional.
This means that this form was meaning something for people. Why not the moon?

Is that your methodology? Let's start by assuming that it signifies the moon?

Why should they signify the moon?

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: I did not say that all god’s animals must have ears. Why do you think so?

Because you said that the Sanskrit word for "ear" was somehow significant.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: Regarding phonetic similarity. Try to say year and ear many times, may be then you will understand that both words are pronounced completely same way.
In terms of linguistics these is called homonymy. My theory gives understanding why there so many homonyms in languages and between languages.
You know how to say “year” in Ukrainian? “Rock”.
And how to say “horn”? “Rog”

Sorry. Ear and year are not homonyms, they are heterographs. As are rock and rog.

(September 30, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Monolens Wrote: That is why Rig Veda has its name. “Veda” means “to know”. “Rig” means “horn”.

No, it doesn't.
And the word rigveda is a combination of "rc"("praise or verse", pronounced like "rich") and "veda" ("knowledge"). According to rules of word combinations in Sanskrit, the "ch" sound becomes "g" when the two are put together. There are no horns here.

Messages In This Thread
Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 2:24 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Ryantology - September 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Ryantology - September 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 24, 2013 at 3:32 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by max-greece - September 25, 2013 at 1:28 am
RE: Lingvogeometry - by CapnAwesome - September 24, 2013 at 3:20 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by genkaus - September 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm
RE: Lingvogeometry - by genkaus - September 27, 2013 at 6:02 am
RE: Lingvogeometry - by Monolens - September 27, 2013 at 1:44 pm