Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2026, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All because I commented on an Atheist Resource post on facebook...
#14
RE: All because I commented on an Atheist Resource post on facebook...
(October 29, 2013 at 3:06 am)Owlix Wrote: And the most interesting thing to me is that people are surprised by it. Truly, that I don't think god is real and that we really are here for no reason, they can't seem to wrap their heads around it.

Growing up in Australia, I was actually surprised to learn that other people had to come out as atheist at all. I went for years and years without ever having so much as a hint of a religious conversation, with only the vaguest idea that people entertained different religions because I had a muslim friend in elementary school. And I never once thought that people actually believed any of this stuff; until I got a good look at America it was all just a bunch of traditions as harmless as christmas.

Of course, now my wider world includes the few dumbass religiously motivated politicians and such here, and... well, it's on, now. Tongue
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: All because I commented on an Atheist Resource post on facebook... - by Esquilax - October 29, 2013 at 6:22 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 3243 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Just now on Facebook....... Jackie 10 3602 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 8484 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Jackie 6 4214 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Jackie
  "There is a god because e = mc²" bheath 58 21616 February 24, 2017 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: bheath
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9777 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 37205 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why do bad things happen? Because they do. Jackie 14 6854 April 8, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: BenMighty
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 11544 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 6665 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)