Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 29, 2024, 5:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspiration
RE: Inspiration
You sound manic depressive to me. My mom was one and I've experienced both ends of that. (I prefer the mania.)

But so what? Some people have manageable affects and can get by without meds. Do you think that's true for you? If not, why not be on meds? Lots of us here are medicated. No biggie.

But inspiration, hey? They say necessity can help but I don't think it is all that inspiring. In my experience it does no good to pander to my own happiness. I do better in the context of others. It feels good to have a role, a contribution to make, people who appreciate what you do for them, something that feels important to do. The nice thing is you don't even have to worry about what it pays, you can afford to start on the ground floor.

Have you made a list of what you have to offer? What are your strengths? How do you like to interact with people? Are you a people person? (You seem like one.) What can you do for others and what of that do you enjoy doing? Of course if you follow Ivy's advice, you could always have kids. They definitely make you feel needed and they're fairly long term projects too.

Messages In This Thread
Inspiration - by rexbeccarox - November 20, 2013 at 4:06 am
RE: Inspiration - by Fruity - November 20, 2013 at 5:25 am
RE: Inspiration - by rexbeccarox - November 20, 2013 at 3:50 pm
RE: Inspiration - by Captain Colostomy - November 20, 2013 at 5:54 am
RE: Inspiration - by Fruity - November 20, 2013 at 6:01 am
RE: Inspiration - by Captain Colostomy - November 20, 2013 at 6:07 am
RE: Inspiration - by Fruity - November 20, 2013 at 6:15 am
RE: Inspiration - by GodsRevolt - November 20, 2013 at 6:25 am
RE: Inspiration - by Zazzy - November 20, 2013 at 10:19 am
RE: Inspiration - by Whateverist - November 20, 2013 at 11:23 am
RE: Inspiration - by Walking Void - November 20, 2013 at 1:15 pm