Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 11:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God?
(February 10, 2010 at 11:44 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(February 10, 2010 at 10:51 am)fr0d0 Wrote: Fact is Evie you redefine to make it work in your mind.

As I already explained, I'm not redefining anything.

Yes you bloody well did!

Quote:So by the same token, I can tell you about God and what you can expect, and you no longer can have blind faith.. correct?

If I believe in something without evidence then I believe on blind faith. I don't see how this applies to me?

You said "No, that would be evidence based. Based on the fact that most people don't lie habitually (like when you ask for directions and it's actually worthwhile doing because the majority of people don't lie in order to get you lost)."

Which I take to mean you would believe people because most don't lie habitually? I certainly wouldn't be lying to you, not that it matters. You consider that to be evidence based in your own words.

Quote:It's called faith Evie.

I know what it's called, and I know that I don't understand how it is considered at all reasonable when it is belief that lacks evidence. Surely belief without evidence shouldn't be held if we are to be rational here?

If we're talking about things we can evidence, yes. talking about God, no.

Quote: Think about it or don't. Just don't vomit words all over here when you don't want to fucking think about it.

I am thinking about it. I'm trying. My point is that if you believe in the existence of something without evidence then that is believing in something for no valid reason - because if it was valid it would equate to evidence (how many times have I said this)...

So... whatever valid reasons you may believe you have for having faith in God.... faith itself lacks any evidence, your belief in God is without evidence, so your belief in God is irrational/unreasonable - and seen as the complexity of God and the amount of evidence that would be required for the belief to be rational... if that doesn't equate to a delusion then I don't know what does.

EvF

You're an AI bot and this is your program:-

"I won't think about it because there is no evidence, and if there's no evidence, how can I think about it [loop to 1st word in sentence ad infinitum]"

Let me know if you manage to break the loop.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Christians, what is your VERY BEST arguments for the existence of God? - by fr0d0 - February 10, 2010 at 12:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are the best arguments against Christian Science? FlatAssembler 8 542 September 17, 2023 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 14265 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Existence of Marcion questioned? JairCrawford 28 2194 March 4, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  VERY Basic Doctrines of Calvinism johndoe122931 18 2469 June 7, 2021 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Spiritual realm is very likely real (demonic possession)? Flavius007 23 2060 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 9714 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8086 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10939 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm
  The existence of god Foxaèr 16 2970 May 5, 2018 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15310 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm