Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF? Elephants that paint?
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint?
I've seen painting elephants in Thailand ... they did a lot of other tricks, too, as a kid I really enjoyed it but now looking back I really doubt they were treated well and I don't really want to consider how they actually trained them. I'm guessing it's not much different from circuses Sad . I haven't had the heart to look it up. The reason I think so is because the zoo in here (Toronto) has huge compounds for their animals and tries to put them in their natural habitat and also does conservation work to encourage breeding and I think they're treated as well as possible given the situation (loss of habitat and conservation concerns), the zoo I went to in Thailand was really small and more like a private business.

Messages In This Thread
WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Whateverist - February 5, 2014 at 1:58 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by pineapplebunnybounce - February 5, 2014 at 2:10 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by downbeatplumb - February 5, 2014 at 2:16 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Whateverist - February 5, 2014 at 2:19 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by pineapplebunnybounce - February 5, 2014 at 2:56 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Clueless Morgan - February 5, 2014 at 2:39 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Whateverist - February 5, 2014 at 4:22 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Whateverist - February 5, 2014 at 4:42 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Cyberman - February 6, 2014 at 12:22 pm
RE: WTF? Elephants that paint? - by Whateverist - February 8, 2014 at 9:07 am