Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blew the dust out- way quieter!
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter!
(March 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I'm not sure how to get it blown out. Would a hair dryer help?

I'm no expert, I'm basing all this on research I did when I first had to clean out my computer, but apparently that could cause more harm than just leaving it dusty. There's a potential for the air currents acting on the dust to generate static, which is not what you want inside a computer. The same goes for using a vacuum cleaner. Much safer to buy a can of compressed air, an "air duster", for next to nothing and use that. It's important to secure your fans with something like a pencil, otherwise the action of the blades spinning in reverse could conceivably generate a current.

Now I sit back and await others better versed in this subject to fall on me like the proverbial ton of bricks.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by professor - March 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Autumnlicious - March 2, 2014 at 5:25 pm
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Chad32 - March 2, 2014 at 5:56 pm
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Cyberman - March 3, 2014 at 1:04 am
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Jackalope - March 3, 2014 at 1:16 am
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Minimalist - March 2, 2014 at 6:28 pm
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by LastPoet - March 2, 2014 at 6:33 pm
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by pocaracas - March 3, 2014 at 3:36 am
RE: Blew the dust out- way quieter! - by Marvin - March 3, 2014 at 8:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the Best Way To Move To A New HDD ReptilianPeon 47 2410 October 9, 2018 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy