Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hi, I'm new
#1
Hi, I'm new
I've always been an atheist. So is my whole family apart from my uncle, who is a christian.

Even though I don't believe in god I've always found Religion quite interesting to learn about and how being an Atheist affects other peoples lives.

It was strange for me as I live in a small market town in england. And in my town and most places I've been to no ones given much care that I was an atheist.

In my small town, no one really cares what religion you are. Some people go to church, other people don't.

Its like I having a conversation with one of my friends and they asked me if I was religious and I said no, they said they were and basically said "Oh, cool" Then we just started to talk about something else.

He didn't care I was an atheist and I didn't care he was religious. Its basically like that everywhere I've been to, around the UK as I haven't been to the US that much, only twice on holiday to Orlando.

So it was so strange to me when I heard when I was young how Atheist in some countries where judged just because they were an Atheist. And how people could loose their friends and family over the whole issue of whether or not god existed.

When I was younger I know for some time I didn't even know people believed in a god. As no one had taught me about religion or talked to me about it so I just didn't know anything about it.

And thats what I wanted to find out more on. I've never ever been bullied because I was an Atheist. So yeah, personal experienced at coming out as an Atheist or realising you were an Atheist is something I'd love to know more about.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Hi, I'm new - by Atheist And Proud - April 21, 2014 at 9:53 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by LastPoet - April 21, 2014 at 9:56 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Atheist And Proud - April 21, 2014 at 10:17 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Whateverist - April 21, 2014 at 10:06 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by KichigaiNeko - April 21, 2014 at 8:57 pm
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Atheist And Proud - April 22, 2014 at 5:46 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by pocaracas - April 22, 2014 at 6:03 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Kayenneh - April 22, 2014 at 5:10 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by pocaracas - April 22, 2014 at 5:39 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Aractus - May 5, 2014 at 8:05 am
RE: Hi, I'm new - by Clueless Morgan - May 5, 2014 at 10:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New here and new to atheism UNCgirl 21 6919 March 7, 2013 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Fruity
  New here, not new to atheism. DrFreud 10 3778 March 5, 2013 at 9:36 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  New New New Quid 23 9096 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  New member with a new website WRP 5 3769 March 31, 2012 at 4:25 am
Last Post: Erinome
  New poster; relatively new atheist. Creed of Heresy 15 6550 February 21, 2012 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  new member, new site: Help Shed the Faith HelpShedtheFaith 2 2166 January 22, 2012 at 12:01 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  New here, but not a new Atheist mboss 12 6476 June 15, 2011 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Epimethean
  Hello from a new atheist and a new member ssmutters 12 5425 August 9, 2010 at 7:14 am
Last Post: Super Cynic



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)