Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is it odd for an Atheist to perform religious rituals?
#1
Is it odd for an Atheist to perform religious rituals?
As an Atheist(more specifically igtheist) I love doing religious things. I am perhaps one of the few atheists(in the world) who worships a god of some sort. It is not that I secretly believe in a god(I don't), it is just that I am very fond of religion and the things associated with it. I find deities as useful to our lives as any mythological or heroic figure. Essentially just practical hero worship. I sort of came to this conclusion when I was a Hindu and tried creating a god that was not bound by sabda and it proved fatal after years of attempting.
God does not exist apart from the very words I speak and this alone is all that is the existence of god.
[Image: tumblr_n8f4c0zuQE1twxzjco1_1280.png]
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Is it odd for an Atheist to perform religious rituals? - by Rabb Allah - July 10, 2014 at 1:38 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Having religious friends when you're atheist Bahana 15 5146 March 10, 2019 at 1:37 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Not religious doesn't necessarily mean atheist John V 99 37552 November 8, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Amos Yee : Atheist arrested twice for "intention to wound religious feelings" Incognito 20 11943 January 14, 2017 at 8:45 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 9809 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? Phosphorescent Panties 83 29518 April 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Do atheists like Atheist Roo have anything useful to offer the Atheist community? IanHulett 21 11622 January 1, 2016 at 10:33 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  How can someone convert from Atheist to Religious Heat 65 22210 November 26, 2015 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Religious kids more likely to be cunts than atheist ones Napoléon 12 4812 November 6, 2015 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  I Find This Odd. Do You? Rhondazvous 6 2627 June 25, 2015 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 24033 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)