Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
I'm Adam, 22 from the Wirral, UK.
I've been an Atheist for most of my life, I was christened but as a bright child I quickly worked out the illogic of religions, which I have studied to check validity, and since I am here you can see what conclusions I had drawn. I have a young son called Aidan and I hope he won't grow up believing in nonsense, I won't have it!

My personal positions on controversial issues;

*Abortion makes sense especially in cases of rape, or the parents being unable to provide for the child in this rediculously overpopulated world.
*Capitalism is wrong, material items won't make you happy, consumerism simply makes the word a far worse place for you're descendants.
*Climate change is happening and Humans are responsible for accelerating the warming during the worlds ice age defrosting.
*Evolution is a fact and all life is related.
*Fossil and plant-bio fuels shouldn't be used at all, if stopped one day there would be chaos, but eventually we'd come to live in a better world, a greener world, there's more than enough geo-thermal, hydro, solar and wind power to go around. People in the developed world myself included waste far too much power as it is, we got on just fine historically without electricity, imagine if we'd skipped right over fossil to renewables!
I see fossil fuels as a fat reserve for the planet, only when going into a cooling stage should we burn them to keep temperature up.
*Gay/Lesbian marriage is fine by me.
*Racism makes no sense.
*Religion creates evil Devil
*We are atleast part responsible for a mass extinction happening now.

Reduce Human population.
Save the Rainforests.
Colonise the Universe.

I don't eat chocolate because in it's creation, it is metaphorically dripping with Orang Utan blood and is passed to you by the hands of slave children.

As you can see I'm outspoken, opinionated, arrogant, and sure of myself. Worthy of an Arrogant Atheist T-Shirt, but past that I try to be the best person I can be and not because some giant guy in sky told me to be FSM Grin

Messages In This Thread
Hello - by ARMS - May 19, 2010 at 9:15 pm
RE: Hello - by Tiberius - May 19, 2010 at 9:25 pm
RE: Hello - by binny - May 19, 2010 at 9:39 pm
RE: Hello - by ARMS - May 19, 2010 at 9:40 pm
RE: Hello - by Watson - May 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm
RE: Hello - by Minimalist - May 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm
RE: Hello - by Samson - May 20, 2010 at 1:57 am
RE: Hello - by Darwinian - May 20, 2010 at 2:27 am
RE: Hello - by ARMS - May 20, 2010 at 3:26 am
RE: Hello - by fr0d0 - May 20, 2010 at 3:15 pm
RE: Hello - by darkwolf176 - May 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm