Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 12:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
RE: Hello
Welcome to the forums!

Right, now the formalities are over:

Quote:Abortion makes sense especially in cases of rape, or the parents being unable to provide for the child in this rediculously overpopulated world.
How is the world ridiculously overpopulated?

Quote:Capitalism is wrong, material items won't make you happy, consumerism simply makes the word a far worse place for you're descendants.
Capitalism has existed for thousands of years just fine. It's when governments seek to impose restrictions on the free market that we get into trouble. Capitalism is the only system based on fairness; i.e. you get money in proportion to the skill / amount of work you do.

Quote:Climate change is happening and Humans are responsible for accelerating the warming during the worlds ice age defrosting.
Yeah...sure...

Quote:Fossil and plant-bio fuels shouldn't be used at all, if stopped one day there would be chaos, but eventually we'd come to live in a better world, a greener world, there's more than enough geo-thermal, hydro, solar and wind power to go around. People in the developed world myself included waste far too much power as it is, we got on just fine historically without electricity, imagine if we'd skipped right over fossil to renewables!
We got on fine without electricity, but with electricity we got on much better. Advances in technology lead to advances in practically every aspect of life, from growing more food to feed the population, to hooking people up to machines that keep them alive and nurse them back to health.

Fossil fuels should be reduced, but until we find a viable energy source to replace them (fusion & nuclear power are the future) we can't just suddenly stop.

Quote:Gay/Lesbian marriage is fine by me.
All state-sponsored marriage is ridiculous (and meaningless) in my view. Let religion handle religion; let the state handle protecting civil rights and upholding the law.

Quote:We are atleast part responsible for a mass extinction happening now.
What mass extinction?

Quote:I don't eat chocolate because in it's creation, it is metaphorically dripping with Orang Utan blood and is passed to you by the hands of slave children.
Right...

Yeah...we're not gonna get along.

Messages In This Thread
Hello - by ARMS - May 19, 2010 at 9:15 pm
RE: Hello - by Tiberius - May 19, 2010 at 9:25 pm
RE: Hello - by binny - May 19, 2010 at 9:39 pm
RE: Hello - by ARMS - May 19, 2010 at 9:40 pm
RE: Hello - by Watson - May 19, 2010 at 9:31 pm
RE: Hello - by Minimalist - May 19, 2010 at 10:02 pm
RE: Hello - by Samson - May 20, 2010 at 1:57 am
RE: Hello - by Darwinian - May 20, 2010 at 2:27 am
RE: Hello - by ARMS - May 20, 2010 at 3:26 am