Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 3, 2024, 11:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
@ Huggy.

I don't really care all that much whether Cain is the son of Adam or the Serpent doctrinally because it's all fiction. But you are really bending the text to hell and gone to get where you are going with the Cain son of the serpent idea.

Using the KJ just for you:

Quote:And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. 7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Genesis 3:4-7 Notice that it is eating the fruit and not sex (sex is not mentioned that causes Adam and Eve to know they are naked.

[quot]And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.[/quote]Genesis 3:14-15
Notice that God talks about eh serpent's seed and Eve's seed (yes Eve's seed sorry if you don't think Eve has seed but god says she does). So Eve's descendants are different and people and snakes don't get along.

[quot]And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.[/quote] Genesis 4:1-2 So you see Eve didn't conceive until Adam slept with her and she attributed the baby to God.

Nowhere is there any suggestion that the serpent had sex with Eve, only Adam did that.

Quote:And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Genesis 4:25 Notice that she refers to her children as her "seed". Notice also that the language concerning Seth is almost identical to that regarding Cain. She got him by sleeping with Adam and the help of the Lord, just like she got Cain. So Cain and Seth are full brothers. Any other conclusion is contrary to Genesis.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! - by Jenny A - September 6, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cain LinuxGal 3 811 November 25, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 18894 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Jesus was pretty buff Doubting Thomas 10 1422 December 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 8088 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My 'born again' story. Theological explanation? FallentoReason 17 8132 May 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  A good explanation to Christian love LastPoet 0 1308 October 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Naturalistic explanation for the resurrection of Jesus Justtristo 43 27127 March 2, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: corndog36