Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 5:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!

I find it a little ironic that your version of the story is angels coming down and having sex with humans, while I'm saying that it was the Descendants of Adam, yet my version is the insane one.

Obviously whatever happened had something to do with genetics because Giants were produced, where did these giants come from? We determined by your own evidence that is was not angels, so that leave only one place you can go.

God does not spell out everything plainly, take this scripture for example.
Quote:John 11
11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.
14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
Or this one.
Quote:Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

But you can't find anywhere in the Bible where any one was baptized in the name of the "Father, Son and Holy Ghost", they all baptized in the name of the "Jesus Christ"
Quote:Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Which means that Jesus Christ IS the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. In other words Jesus was the God of the Old Testament, which is why he stated that he is the Alpha and Omega. But yet the majority of churches baptize in the name of the "Father Son and Holy Ghost" not realizing they are doing it wrong.

Which brings us back to the garden of Eden.
The reason it is written in this manner instead of coming out and explaining it in plain language, is because it is also using the story as a foreshadowing of the crucifixion of Jesus. In Eden we have the Tree of Life and the Tree of Good and Evil, and when Adam and Eve fell, God expelled them from Eden "lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:".
Quote:Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
As we see here, God placed an Angel to block the way to the tree of life.

This punishment was only to last for a certain period of time until the birth of Jesus Christ.
Quote:John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Not only is Jesus the way back to eternal life, he IS the Tree of Life. Does not the Bible refer the the Crucifix as a tree?

Quote:Galatians 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

1 Peter 2:24
Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

So therefore Jesus dying on the "tree" grants us eternal life, making him the Tree of Life. The picture is not complete however because there was also the Tree of Good and Evil, Which brings us to Judas who being a hypocrite (both good and evil) also hung himself from a tree.

Now do you see the whole picture?

If the Bible came out plainly and told you it was a sexual act, it breaks the whole foreshadowing of the crucifixion.

Everyone is not able to see it that way, which is why "revelation" is required, then your eyes are opened to see things everyone else misses.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! - by Huggy Bear - September 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cain LinuxGal 3 765 November 25, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16920 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Jesus was pretty buff Doubting Thomas 10 1268 December 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7663 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My 'born again' story. Theological explanation? FallentoReason 17 7874 May 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  A good explanation to Christian love LastPoet 0 1279 October 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Naturalistic explanation for the resurrection of Jesus Justtristo 43 26435 March 2, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: corndog36