Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 6, 2024, 4:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please!
(September 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

The giants? From sleeping with angels obviously. Wink But if, as you say, Cain's descendants sleeping with Seth's descendants were the cause, then either Seth or Cain would have had to have been taller than those giants of old--it really is simple genetics.

Not necessarily, as I have stated, hybridization occurred between the human seed and the serpent seed, Cain didn't necessarily have to be a giant in order for his descendants to be giants.

If we look at the Liger for example, which is produced by crossbreeding a male lion with a female tiger, they produce gigantic offspring known as the Liger.
[Image: liger-sinbad-legs.jpg]
the typical lion weighs around 550 lbs while the Liger weighs 900.

(September 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Sorry: not willing to consider the New Testament when interpreting the Old Testament's meaning.

I didn't realize we were in the Judaism forum.Rolleyes

Since we are in the christian forum, then yes you do have to consider the whole Bible since it is the final (and should be the only) authority when it comes to doctrine in the church.

The Old and New Testaments run in direct continuity with each other, and in case you haven't figured it out, the whole Bible is about Jesus Christ, Which is why he stated:

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

I could explain many of the stories in the Old Testament, and show you in what way relate to Jesus, but I feel it would be a huge waste of time, and I've already covered this in other threads.

(September 8, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Jenny A Wrote:

Ah we aren't told so people won't know too soon. Or in other words hogwash. But it does explain why I disagree so strongly with you about what the text of Genesis actually says. You are supposing that the New Testament can rewrite it. It can't. It says what is says.

Not at all, I'm saying the New Testament is confirming the same thing as the Old Testament, you need both the get the complete picture. For example, did you know that the life of Joseph in the Old Testament parallels the life of Jesus exactly?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cain and Abel: Explanation Please. Pretty Pretty Please! - by Huggy Bear - September 9, 2014 at 11:30 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cain LinuxGal 3 765 November 25, 2022 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 16920 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Jesus was pretty buff Doubting Thomas 10 1267 December 15, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Fallacies in an "Answered Prayer" explanation? Clueless Morgan 33 7663 April 26, 2015 at 1:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My 'born again' story. Theological explanation? FallentoReason 17 7874 May 11, 2012 at 11:40 pm
Last Post: Epimethean
  A good explanation to Christian love LastPoet 0 1279 October 4, 2011 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Naturalistic explanation for the resurrection of Jesus Justtristo 43 26435 March 2, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: corndog36