Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2026, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth
#7
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth
It's unlikely that the dock is underwater due to sea level rise. Very little in Florida has existed long enough to experience that (aside from St. Augustine, obvs). 100 years at the current rates would only give us 3.9 inches - and if that dock was less than 3.9 inches over the water when it was built then even the pansy florida waves would have come over it from the very moment of it's construction.

It's more likely that it has a poorly built foundation (or the sands have shifted from under the pylons) and the owners don;t feel like putting the cash down to float it. Which could be said about the entirety of the state, of course.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Reply



Messages In This Thread
Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by Minimalist - September 21, 2014 at 10:28 pm
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by vorlon13 - September 21, 2014 at 11:08 pm
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by tjakey - September 21, 2014 at 11:46 pm
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by Minimalist - September 22, 2014 at 12:03 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by tjakey - September 22, 2014 at 1:06 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by Mystical - September 22, 2014 at 1:00 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by Thumpalumpacus - September 22, 2014 at 8:31 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by The Grand Nudger - September 22, 2014 at 7:24 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by tjakey - September 22, 2014 at 11:10 am
RE: Again, Too Damn Close To The Truth - by The Grand Nudger - September 22, 2014 at 11:16 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm too sexy for my shirt. Jackie 12 3148 February 27, 2021 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: awty
  This SNL skit is just too perfect Apollo 6 1916 December 16, 2020 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Apollo
  Prager U The Truth (Parodies) The Architect Of Fate 1 833 January 2, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Sal
  You Know You've Been on AF Too Long When.... FatAndFaithless 52 17310 January 31, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  "Don't Bring Me Down, TRUTH" Jackie 2 1552 January 24, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Truth time: Yes. Women really are sexualized in our society. But why? ErGingerbreadMandude 27 7387 January 25, 2017 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Jackie
  Superheroes are ordinary people too. ignoramus 13 4695 June 19, 2016 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  You know you've been on the forum too long when... robvalue 191 44721 April 12, 2016 at 2:43 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Too True to be Funny Minimalist 0 1263 April 7, 2014 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Truth about Fiction Cinjin 1 1182 November 23, 2013 at 6:09 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)