Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 5:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MERGED: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) & (Part 2)
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1)
(November 26, 2014 at 12:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(November 26, 2014 at 11:55 am)Esquilax Wrote: When asked if he would admit his religion was wrong if he could travel back in time and confirm that Jesus never rose from the grave, when asked, essentially, if he would admit his religion was wrong when he could confirm that his religion was wrong, what do you think Craig's answer was? The rational one would be "yes"; when you see that something is wrong, you admit that it's wrong.

Craig said no. Even if he knew his religion was wrong, he would still think it was right.

I know you're itching for it, so why not just post the youtube video where that happened? Wink

Actually, I think it was something he wrote about in one of his books. But here he is, confirming it in writing on his own website. And here's a podcast where he dresses up his base presuppositionalism with quotes from Plantinga. Here he is, saying this:

Quote:But I think you can see that the issue isn’t what it would take to get me to abandon my faith, but are there circumstances under which I would be rationally obliged to abandon my faith? And the answer to that latter question seems to me to be, No. The witness of the Holy Spirit is what Alvin Plantinga calls an intrinsic defeater of the defeaters brought against Christian belief. The warrant it brings to Christian faith will always exceed the warrant brought against Christian faith by various objections. So Christian faith is unfalsifiable for the person who attends to the witness of the Holy Spirit, not in the sense that are no conditions we can imagine under which Christianity would be false but in the sense that such a person will always have sufficient warrant to continue in Christian faith, even in the face of objections he can’t answer.

Gross. Undecided

And just for fun, here's WLC being directly asked "doesn't this crap beg the question?"

His answer was essentially "No, it's not begging the question, because I know it's correct." Rolleyes

The man is a liar and a conman, and the fact that H_M promotes him so much indicates that he's either a dupe, or the same.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ (Part 1) - by Esquilax - November 26, 2014 at 12:33 pm
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Exian - December 12, 2014 at 12:34 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Spooky - December 14, 2014 at 12:01 am
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 1:48 pm
RE: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Part 2) - by Cato - December 14, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To Atheists: Who, in your opinion, was Jesus Christ? JJoseph 52 3777 June 12, 2024 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The power of Christ... zwanzig 60 5794 August 30, 2023 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 8812 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Creating Christ JML 26 3853 September 29, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  So has Christ returned TheClearCleanStuff 31 4065 May 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  CHRIST THE KICKER…… BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1650 January 3, 2022 at 10:00 am
Last Post: brewer
  CHRIST THE KILLER..... ronedee 31 3982 December 26, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 3240 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 18777 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Consecrated virgins: 'I got married to Christ' zebo-the-fat 11 2385 December 7, 2018 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda