Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO
(January 11, 2015 at 12:52 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yea and algebra was influenced by Arabs? So?

Newton had beliefs in a god, but that did not make his alchemy true.

(January 11, 2015 at 12:46 pm)Grasshopper Wrote: Like it or not, our western culture IS influenced by christianity. I'm certain you had atleast one ancestor who was christian.
Ironically the Christian world was the first to fight for human rights.

Don't take offense but I think you guys are too rigid in your view of religion. Yes it has been used to justify wrongs but it isn't all bad.
In my opinion viewing it as purely evil isn't a good way to look at things in the world. The church is responsible for the operation of various orphanages, schools, hospitals, charities and the largest private healthcare financing in the world. And it's been doing the same since the beginning, even during the plague.

So no . . . This doesn't cancel out the bad, but please don't have such a narrow view of anything. I feel people will be happier if they let go of what some institutions did in the past and accept that everything has good and bad traits. I don't think that if the Europeans of the 18th century were atheists slavery wouldn't have happened. In my opinion their excuse for slavery would've been survival of the fittest.

So my point is . . . Just chill the hell out and be cool

Holy crap, no one is being "ridged" about human rights. Yes, you have the government protected right to hold any god claim and religion you wish. That is not the same issue as the credibility of the claim itself. Human rights should be valued, but claims are not free from scrutiny or even blasphemy.

I think stupid claims should be assaulted, like the claim women and girls are to follow and obey men like property. Just like I think we have every right to call bullshit on claims that Ouija boards work. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

Rights are not in question here, credibility of the claim is the issue. Since when is it bad to question something to insure quality of the claim?

No one is calling all religious people evil. But the idea that a placebo can work equally to a fact proven by testing and falsification, and deserves to be scrutiny free, that is evil.

If we always allow religion to set up taboos we never would have progressed. Please do not confuse rights with ideas, rights are a given, but ideas do not deserve a pass.

I never used the word "rights" in that post. And the social taboo and all you talk about isn't even mentioned. So what is your post about? It's not related to anything I wrote
I just said that no thing is purely evil or purely good. I didn't say you called religious people evil. I'm saying you call religion evil and that has to make some negativity.
Now I personally wouldn't insult your non belief because it's your critical thinking that brought you to that conclusion. I don't agree with you, but I don't go around saying your beliefs are wrong or anything . . . Do I?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by Cato - January 11, 2015 at 2:22 pm
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 10:03 am
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 10:49 am
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 11:18 am
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 11:52 am
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 12:06 pm
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by fr0d0 - January 11, 2015 at 12:19 pm
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by Grasshopper - January 11, 2015 at 1:31 pm
RE: Is Islam the religion of peace.....pffft....NO - by Losty - January 12, 2015 at 12:10 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Why do I say that Islam is an evil religion? Eclectic 85 8214 November 8, 2022 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Freedom and peace in the Qur'an KuranMumini19 46 5387 May 7, 2020 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Jonah -peace be upon him- and the whale WinterHold 22 3770 December 26, 2019 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: no one
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8008 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Is deceit allowed in Islam to spread the religion? Saik 13 1258 August 20, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  In 50 years, Islam may be the world's largest religion, according to Pew Alexmahone 2 692 June 25, 2018 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Islam; The religion like I see it (II) WinterHold 26 7916 November 6, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Islam religion of peace , convert now before you end up in hell Youwait 62 14243 August 3, 2017 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Moses peace be upon him, very short tale. WinterHold 18 4398 March 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 1001 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon