Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 9:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Free Will actually exist? Is there a way to tell?
RE: Does Free Will actually exist? Is there a way to tell?
(January 28, 2015 at 3:21 am)Godschild Wrote: I've assumed nothing, by necessity a commandment for/to someone means we have a choice, if we did not then there would be no need for said commandment/s.
"Under no circumstances shalt thou engage the warpdrive of thine Honda Accord" Jerkoff

Quote:Murder exists
agreed

Quote: and people have a choice whether they commit murder or not.
Not so sure of that myself, and you've certainly failed to make a compelling case as to why I should believe your claim.

(January 27, 2015 at 12:49 pm)Godschild Wrote: I think you've lost any sense you had. God is never wrong.
[/
Meh, fine by me, then if god sees our futures, and he is never wrong..our futures are predetermined. End of.

GC Wrote:No guessing here, I can read what God says and from that easily make a intelligent determination.
I doubt that you have to read anything to know "what god says"......

Quote:Then by your statement I'm correct in saying I can not predestine anything and by saying this you admit I can predetermine where one is bound according to what the scriptures say, thank you.
I never thought you could, but if you can indeed "predetermine" where one is bound..then the skeins of our lives are woven, we have no choice.

Quote:Actually God calls for me to be more like Him in the ways that are possible for man, and if this is the conclusion you've drawn, then good.
I can see why you'd find that to be an easily accomplished task.

Quote:You've already stated that I can't predestine anyone, so what exactly is your point? You should go to the dictionary and look up the word desire, you seem to have a misunderstanding of it's meaning.
Or, my comment went right over your shoulderstumps.

Quote:No, that would eliminate free will and I believe I've established we have free will, the only reason you have taken the opposite stance is because most Christians believe in free will.
You being a nutball would eliminate free will? I doubt it. If you'd like to believe that you've established that we have free will go right ahead..I can't stop you...can you stop yourself from believing that? Try using your free will? I don't give a shit what you morons think GC, I really don't. I'd rather have this conversation with Benny.. like I always do, I disagree because I'm uncoinvinced that this "free will" business is legitimate, that your god isn;t legitimate at all makes it a moot point. At least with free will...we're discussing something that's actually there, even if we've made a few mistakes in describing what it is and what it can do.

You're in the god fan club, not me, the things you do or don't do you chalk up to god, not me. Project less, demonstrate more.

(January 28, 2015 at 11:14 am)IATIA Wrote: @Rhythm

For sake of argument, I have two questions to establish your definition of ownership. We both know the dictionary definition, but I am more interested in the subtle nuance of individual interpretation.

Does a tree own it's leaves?
In the same way that you own your heart, yes.

Quote:Does an amoeba own it's nucleus?
In the same way that you own your heart, yes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does Free Will actually exist? Is there a way to tell? - by The Grand Nudger - January 28, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 5036 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1276 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Cold - either way. onlinebiker 12 710 January 23, 2021 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Are there any active, free, text-only chat sites that are still going? Mechaghostman2 6 719 January 4, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Do femicides really exist? Macoleco 27 2016 September 21, 2020 at 9:12 pm
Last Post: Sal
Thumbs Up Tell me YOUR weather is this screwed up. onlinebiker 5 692 April 15, 2020 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  There's social distancing, and then there's SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!!! Gawdzilla Sama 8 851 March 24, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  This is how bored I actually am Cod 0 398 October 2, 2019 at 7:10 am
Last Post: Cod
  The proper way to breastfeed in public Foxaèr 21 1892 April 21, 2019 at 7:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  On my way now... Brian37 53 3120 March 30, 2019 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: fredd bear