Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 4:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If faith works how every religion says it works......
RE: If faith works how every religion says it works......
(August 12, 2010 at 10:30 am)Thor Wrote: You mean "revival leaders" like Peter Popoff and Jimmy Swaggart?

No, more like Whitefield, Wesley, Seymour, etc

Quote:I've never seen a "miracle".

And?

Quote:And why is it that this deity has never performed a miracle where someone's missing limb was replaced?

Red herring

Quote:Not true at all! Go get a dead body and pray to Jesus for that body to come back to life. If life is restored to that body, I'll definitely believe!

The demons believe and tremble. I asked if you would serve him.

Quote:And you have no proof that "Jesus" ever truly existed.

Well then the Gospel writers were lying, which it is up to you to prove, per legal slander/libel rules

Quote:Let's look again at what is written: "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also" Says nothing about this comment being restricted to the disciples!

Heh. It's the disciples but it doesn't matter because you don't believe anyway. And of course leading far more people to Jesus than he did himself answers the questions. It doesn't say "miracles." That is merely a convenient assumption. Besides as I said, miracles are not the primary goal of the Gospel, at all.

Quote:And this is bullshit! If "Jesus" truly answered prayers we would see the results! Even if people weren't testing him, we would notice that a significantly higher percentage of (for example) cancer patients recovered when they prayed to Jesus as compared to people who didn't pray to Jesus. Nice try, though.

Over 20 years, there was a 40% reduction in the prison population of England and Wales after the revival that began in Wales around 1905. This is the only data collected like that, by an independent entity. But we have annecdotal testimony coming out the wazoo, like miners taxing themselves ot build libraries. (Another greater work) We have you rposter boy Franklim marveling at "the change soon made in our citizens" of Philadelphia. (Another greater work)

Quote:"Oh, Lord Jesus. We ask humbly in your name that all the blind people on Earth, and those with impaired eyesight, be given 20/20 vision by noon Eastern time on August 13, 2010. We ask for your grace in this humble request. Amen."

That oughta do it! If what you believe is true, I would expect that there will be millions of people rejoicing in the next 24 hours.

1. Works isn't necessarily miracles.

2. I would be merely testing God.

Do you grasp at all why Jesus didn't do what the devil said he should when he was on the mountain????

Quote:If some guy claimed to be Jesus and walked through hospitals healing people with a touch of his hand, and this was absolutely verified, then, yes, I would believe in Jesus. Would I serve him? What would that entail? Because I already live a moral life, give to charity, help people when I can and serve my community.

I could pretty well guess your answer. I've been doing this awhile, off and on, to see how well I can still answer any question/argument, and to balance a horribly biased, revisionist and illogical approach to fact finding

I don't mean this as a cut at all, but you're too self-righteous to be a follower, at the moment. Isn't that fair to say, not just of you but any unbeliever? Read the Sermon on the Mount and tell us how much imputed righteousness you would need to live up to it. Personally I need a huge amount.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If faith works how every religion says it works...... - by RAD - August 12, 2010 at 10:58 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Every person is religious Ahriman 289 13894 November 2, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: no one
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3999 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar Woah0 41 3325 August 27, 2022 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1289 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 992 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11977 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Every f-ing year JWs knock on my door. Brian37 62 5727 July 10, 2019 at 11:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 13723 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Every Apologetic Argument Ever YahwehIsTheWay 21 2801 December 1, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4572 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda