Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 6, 2026, 10:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I think I'm in love.
#7
RE: I think I'm in love.
(February 6, 2015 at 6:43 am)robvalue Wrote: A trivial yet entirely factually correct assessment of your very own statement you piece of shit.

Yeah, I always love when a Christian makes absolute statements about some facet of their faith (particularly revolving around heaven, hell, and salvation), but then get all vague and pissy when you bring up that they just implied there's a predictable, gamable system. So, she figured out the way to "win" at his system, and he got all butthurt. He couldn't refute her without backpeddling or adding additional ad hoc qualifiers, so he had to just criticize her comment without addressing it.


This reminds me of someone I read about on this forum a month ago or so. She believed that God would not send anyone to hell if they hadn't heard of him, because they didn't have a chance, and she didn't maintain any mumbo jumbo about the Holy Spirit coming to each person in an "undeniable" way or anything. Of course, once you know God exists, it's now up to free will and your choice, and now each person that knows has a non-zero chance of going to hell.

My first thought was "Stop telling people about God, you asshole! You're condemning people to hell!"

This is why most people keep their statements about heaven and hell sufficiently vague. Platitudes and non-statements are harder to openly refute or even address.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
I think I'm in love. - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - February 6, 2015 at 5:52 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Aoi Magi - February 6, 2015 at 5:57 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Invisible Sky Fairy - February 6, 2015 at 6:09 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by robvalue - February 6, 2015 at 6:31 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Nope - February 6, 2015 at 6:41 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by robvalue - February 6, 2015 at 6:43 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by RobbyPants - February 6, 2015 at 10:20 am
RE: I think I'm in love. - by emilynghiem - February 8, 2015 at 7:38 pm
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Chas - February 8, 2015 at 7:41 pm
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Nope - February 8, 2015 at 8:50 pm
RE: I think I'm in love. - by The Valkyrie - February 8, 2015 at 9:25 pm
RE: I think I'm in love. - by robvalue - February 8, 2015 at 11:13 pm
RE: I think I'm in love. - by Thumpalumpacus - February 9, 2015 at 1:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1875 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)