Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2026, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is God really real or are people simply deluded?
RE: Is God really real or are people simply deluded?
(March 12, 2015 at 1:03 am)Godschild Wrote:
(March 11, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Jenny A Wrote: All I need to read to know what you've got is a big fat goose egg. The burden of proof is always on the person who claims to have evidence.

Christians are taught in the scriptures of God we are not required to prove God, each person has to find that true for themselves by listening to God. I've found the proof through God's truth, if you miss out then you have only yourself to blame.

Yes, but why claim you have evidence, when what you have is faith? I don't have faith, and frankly I see no reason to try to have it. Particularly not in the god of the Bible who is ridiculously unlikely given the errors, contradictions and other rubbish in his holy book, creeds, and doctrines.

(March 12, 2015 at 1:03 am)Godschild Wrote:
(March 11, 2015 at 11:40 pm)Jenny A Wrote: For example: I sent you a million dollar cashiers check. I have evidence that I did. Try to prove I didn't. ----- Good luck with that.

You do not have my post office box number, I can give it to you, if you can prove you will send the million. Waiting patiently.

You missed the point. You have no evidence that I sent the check. I claim to have evidence that I did. Obviously the burden to prove I sent the check would be on me.

What you claim as evidence of god is the same. Pardon me if I think your god is as mythical as my check.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Reply



Messages In This Thread
RE: Is God really real or are people simply deluded? - by Jenny A - March 14, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drilling begins at 'real 'site' of Noah's Ark Mister Agenda 2 126 September 30, 2026 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Is God Really Good and Satan Really Evil? Kardia 12 621 September 22, 2026 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 40 15196 June 11, 2026 at 6:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did they really find Noah's Ark? Jasper 19 5967 May 25, 2023 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Reason Jesus must have been a real person mrj 74 25014 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: awty
  Is religion simply more about control than a god? GODZILLA 24 7463 January 8, 2019 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Drich
  How and why can people ignore their God’s immoral ways? Greatest I am 129 47728 November 27, 2017 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Cod
  Really makes you think Astonished 7 3555 September 25, 2017 at 12:28 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 13227 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  People assuming you believe in a God Der/die AtheistIn 35 18619 July 19, 2017 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Astonished



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)