Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, Agostic theistism?
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism?
(September 7, 2010 at 10:49 pm)Liu Bei mixed with Leondias Wrote: Hi My name is Liu Bei mixed with Leonidas, As you can see I am a history junky(but chemistry is my passion), I was wondering, I think I am a Agostic thiest, but am I?
I belive that there is something out there and it is impossible to know for sure. But I also belive in a religion, more as a most logical explanation kind thing. So what am I?(Religion wise)

Welcome.

You sound a bit like an agnostic. You say you believe in a religion.Not sure I understand what you mean. To me,that implies theism. (OK,Buddhism is atheistic to many,but not all,)

Does it really matter,as long as you keep an open mind,and are willing to question,to learn and to change when necessary?

A broad definition,from Wikipedia:

Quote:Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable.[1] Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the similarities or differences between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Messages In This Thread
Hello, Agostic theistism? - by Liu Bei mixed with Leondias - September 7, 2010 at 10:49 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by annatar - September 7, 2010 at 11:17 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by everythingafter - September 7, 2010 at 11:21 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by DeistPaladin - September 7, 2010 at 11:56 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by padraic - September 7, 2010 at 11:27 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by Tiberius - September 8, 2010 at 7:27 am
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by Liu Bei mixed with Leondias - September 8, 2010 at 10:26 am
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by Rwandrall - September 8, 2010 at 11:05 am
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by LastPoet - September 8, 2010 at 7:59 pm
RE: Hello, Agostic theistism? - by padraic - September 9, 2010 at 3:13 am