Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 1:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I received this email
RE: I received this email
Hi A Theist,

The question, good Theist, is "Can you learn to Think outside your box" (of indoctrinated knowledge)? Those who have been indoctrinated from childhood have a very difficult time with this, indoctrination being such a cheep and thorough means of education, monetarily, time and discipline wise. And it reinforces belief and acceptance over thought and challenge. One can only wonder if the Neanderthals were religious, as their tools changed not a wit in the four-hundred thousand years they existed.

I've lived among Christians and Muslims and Jews. Jews don't seem to talk much about their religion possibly because they take it for what it is and don't feel threatened, in religion, anyways. They've been at "being Jewish" a long time.

Christians and Jews seem fanatical about their strange faiths with the Muslims being the most fanatical. They've been at it the shortest time but their indoctrination is the most thorough starting at home and taking up an inordinate amount of time in school - the memory work is spectacular: Christian kindergarten kids doing Xmas recitations are embarrassing and silly compared to what kindergarten children can do at Eid celebrations for the end of Ramadan. But half the school day over the whole month of Ramadan can be spent in preparation.

That might be one of the reasons for low prize in Nobel wins. The same argument might be used to explain why Jews do so much better than Christians at the game a Christian invented. But I digress. Recitation and praying and lectures and lessons continue throughout grade school. No time for homework, what with the time constrains placed upon it by praying at home and the need for play times since little comes at school and the hours there are so much longer.

My theist friend, have you ever seen the statistics of Christians converting to Islam? There are plenty of converts. The converse is rare. And now you know why. The best indoctrinators have the most marbles. If religious fundamentalism lasts another hundred years in the US, my bet is that Islam, if not the dominant religion practised by USans will, at least, be close to par; and then the Arabs might just get their other holy lands back.

Just something to chew over fellow human being. Indoctrination is mighty powerful.
Know History; not just your Folklore.

Messages In This Thread
I received this email - by A Theist - October 2, 2010 at 5:48 pm
RE: I received this email - by Minimalist - October 2, 2010 at 6:25 pm
RE: I received this email - by Existentialist - October 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm
RE: I received this email - by Anomalocaris - October 2, 2010 at 6:33 pm
RE: I received this email - by thesummerqueen - October 2, 2010 at 7:24 pm
RE: I received this email - by Ashendant - October 2, 2010 at 9:01 pm
RE: I received this email - by Rayaan - October 2, 2010 at 9:37 pm
RE: I received this email - by thesummerqueen - October 2, 2010 at 9:41 pm
RE: I received this email - by Rev. Rye - October 3, 2010 at 2:39 pm
RE: I received this email - by HeyItsZeus - October 3, 2010 at 6:48 pm