Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microwave distortion of gravitational fields
RE: Microwave distortion of gravitational fields
(June 24, 2015 at 9:22 am)LostLocke Wrote:
(June 24, 2015 at 2:31 am)Alex K Wrote: It's really simple really:

I left out the trivial formula for the electromagnetic field, obviously.
I'm having a hard time seeing the microwave oven in that diagram. Could you point it out please?

For maximal simplicity (I wouldn't want to overwhelm you with needlessly complicated physics just to show off), I roughly approximated the gravitational effects of the microwave oven by a black hole with an electric charge according to Reissner and Nordström. The black hole is the square where it says "Black Hole". The relevant surface on which all the crap lies would be that on the lower right where it says "Horizon" (if you live in the "Universe", that is)
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Messages In This Thread
Microwave distortion of gravitational fields - by KUSA - June 23, 2015 at 5:05 pm
RE: Microwave distortion of gravitational fields - by Alex K - June 24, 2015 at 10:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are there significantly less women in S.T.E.M fields, what we can do to help ErGingerbreadMandude 32 5179 December 31, 2015 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut